Friday 8 April 2011

Q&A: Has anyone had dental implants done in Mexico, close to Tijuana?

Q&A: Has anyone had dental implants done in Mexico, close to Tijuana?

I am attracted in having dental implants. They are not covered by insurance and are very costly. I have heard of an american dentist that does the total implant procedure in one visit right over the border in S. California. Has anyone had implants done in Mexico and if so, did you experience any problems. Would you do it again or would you pay the higher cost and have it done in America.

Answer by Joe L
There is an ancient saying “Beware of bargains on parachutes or brain surgery”

With implant surgery you truly get what you pay for. What you are paying for is the knowledge, skill, and experience of the surgeon.

There are potentially very serious consequences for you if the surgery goes poorly (nerve hurt, infection, bone loss). You have very small recourse against the Mexican dentist if it does go poorly.

My advise is to get the implant done in America. Also, to question for the surgeons credentials and for references before you go ahead.

Answer by Lucy
Dental implant surgery is very safe currently. My cousin got her dental implants and Lasik surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for dental and Lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very well-known in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, Lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient tales.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plot to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com

Hope this helps.

Answer by Gregosi
I don’t reckon I would go to Mexico to get get done. Terrible thought. My husband had a cracked tooth it cost $ 307 with our regular Dental PPO provider (delta dental), but he used my plot and it cost us $ 19. You should check this out www.mybenefitsplus.com/SGregory344 the plot cost $ 19.95/mo. for entire family check this out and you’ll be glad and excellent luck :-)

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Read the rest here:
contemporary dental implant centre

I am gone a tooth (third tooth from the back on my top left jaw) and I need something in there so that my teeth don’t shift. I had it pulled last October so it’s getting to be about a year and my dentist said that I would have about a year before they’d start to shift. Anyways, I don’t have dental insurance right now so I’m paying for everything out of pocket. My dentist said that I should get an implant because I am young (19), or a bridge. He said that a dental flipper wouldn’t keep my teeth from shifting. But I’ve read more into bridges and implants and they scare me..implants take a REALLY long recovery period (and I have a CSR job so I talk all day, can’t have that) and I don’t like how you have to hurt other teeth in order to have a bridge. So, my question is:

Is there something I can get besides a bridge or implant that will keep my teeth from shifting? It’s not a cosmetic issue..you can’t even see it. I just don’t want my teeth to shift. Help delight, I’m frightened about it

Answer by nickipettis
well, the implant process takes months, but each time you go to the dentist for the various stages, you can usually go back to work the same day.

i don’t reckon there are any other options.
There might be experimental options, but i don’t know who you would question about that.

Answer by Gentle Giant
Your teeth will be unlikely to shift if you are an adult.
I’ve had a flipper for over 25 being and it works just fine. It is in the front bottom.
Dentists like implants because they can charge you a lot for them but they are really no better than a excellent bridge and implants are far more risky.
I lost a tooth in the upper rear and was worried of losing the opposing tooth in the bottom. A dental surgeon friend of mine said that I’d have to live to be 100 for that to happen.
There is no rush for you to do anything about the gone tooth except in your dentists bank account.

Answer by lil bandit
I also had this conundrum (mine was the lower right). I had my tooth removed in 1998 and didn’t do anything about it in anticipation of 2006. Yes your teeth will shift but not like you are thinking. I still had plenty of room to have a bridge or implant done after all that time. In 2004 I chose to get what is renowned as a spider bridge. It is basically an acrylic “tooth” with clasps on both sides that snaps onto the teeth on either side. It can be removed for simple cleaning. I dealt with it but it was not my favorite. It just didn’t feel right. I have had many people tell me the same thing about flippers.

Another option is to question for a spacer in anticipation of you can choose what to do. This will keep the space between the teeth the same size if you are concerned but like I said above it is not necessary.

Personally when I finally chose I choose a bridge. Partly because I had to have a root canal and crown on one of the teeth anyway. I like it. I doesn’t come out, its simple to clean and it feels just like my teeth. I am very pleased with my pronouncement.

Answer by Ro’
Your dentist is right: you are young and healthy, and you WILL notice that you don’t have that teeth in the long run because your bite will change.

I am 37 and I chose to have implants.

Aside from when they place them on, which in any case is like an extraction, there isn’t much of anything else to say.

If you would look at mine you would never see they are implants. So be confident and have it done :)

Remember, the sooner you place the screw in the better it is. You can still place the crown later if you are small in cash.

Answer by Margaret
Dental implant surgery is very safe currently. My cousin got her dental implants and Lasik surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for dental and Lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very well-known in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, Lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient tales.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plot to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com

Hope this helps.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment