Wednesday 27 April 2011

Implant or extraction before braces?

Implant or extraction before braces?

I am supposed to get braces in the next two months though, my orthodonist stated that because I had a tooth extracted in the back that he suggests getting an implant or having the top tooth pulled. Implants are costly and are out of my price range so I will have to go with getting the tooth extracted. I am curious if I wil have to get the tooth pulled first before the braces?? At the counsultation, I was informed that the braces would be place on first for two being and then pull the tooth. This seems backwards. Moreoever, I was informed that I may want to reconsider the implant instead. I believe that I was told this in order to make the office some money. Clearly, I cannot afford this plus the cost of braces.

Answer by nate
when i had braces i had to have 4 permanent teeth pulled, my bicuspids…wasnt too terrible. the braces were worse than getting my teeth pulled

Answer by The Un-Cola
I reckon your orthodontist feels the implant is the best way to go, and while removing another tooth is an option it is certainly not his first choice. I don’t reckon he/she is telltale you this for financial gain.
Get another opinion if you are not pleased with the advise.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
More here:
bone graft dental implant

for my dental implant?

Answer by enamel
Are you really perfect? The odds of total perfection are zero…not even considering perception. That is your thought of ideal vs. the dentist thoughts and the labs thoughts. This scenario is a guaranteed recipe for failure.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment