Thursday 28 April 2011

Q&A: What age does tooth growth stop?

Q&A: What age does tooth growth stop?

I am 18 and my wisdom teeth are coming out presently. I recently broke one of my molars and i have half of it left in my jaw. I do not want to take it out because I am worried a new one won’t grow to replace it. If i take it to a dentist he will want to remove it and i don’t have money for an implant, so will it growth

Answer by feedymite
Nope, you only get two sets of teeth, your baby ones and then the ones that come in after those fall out. If you lose any of your adult teeth, they won’t grow back! This is why people need dentures if their teeth all come out. (Though, apparently a few people in the world have had three sets of teeth… very rare!)

But, they can repair teeth without taking them out. I take upon yourself if this tooth hurt alot you’d want it out whether or not it would grow back… Since it doesn’t signal like it’s hurting you, the root doubtless isn’t broken into, and you’ve doubtless just broken a large chip out of the enamel. Fixing that shouldn’t be too much of a conundrum.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
The rest is here:
bone graft dental implant

As in are they as excellent as normal tooth implants…

Answer by lump58
anything a quick fix for a tooth is not something I would play with. Better talk to your dentist or get a new dentist if someone is trying to sell you on this.

Answer by white_yack
doubtless doesn’t hurt as long as two hour tooth implants. I’d estimate about half as much :)

Answer by Black Beauty
Unless this is a new procedure, I don’t reckon so. Implants take quire a long time. Sometimes the skin tissue and bone will reject the implant. I reckon you should talk to a few dentists. Excellent Luck!

Answer by o0xmmx0o
I’m a dental assistant and I have to say I have never heard of a 1 hour “tooth implant” the process for getting a permanent implant, is generally the implant is place on day 1 and a fleeting crown is given on day 3 and a permanent ceramic crown given after 6-8 weeks when the implant has taken up, the gum needs to heal and accept the post.

Answer by The Mullet
Are you talkin about the MIDI implants. If so, my dentist said only if you are ancient and don’t want to spend the money on a regular implant. They don’t last as long either.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment