Monday 18 April 2011

tooth ache?

tooth ache?

i have a really terrible tooth ache andit is cracked and the dentist might give me a tooth implant or a root canal sometimes it hurts so terrible that i want to pull it but i cant or sometime i fell like crying the dentist gave me so antimiotic but that doent stop the pain what should i do do reales the pain i take pain releaver
how can i reduce the pain?

Answer by Concerned Mom
The reason for the antibiotics is to kill the infection which is what is causing your pain – the conundrum is that they can take 48 – 72 hours to work!

Try swishing salt water around the infected area – nasty – but it relieved my pain from an absessed wisdom tooth. I also held an icepack against my jaw – it relieved the pain enough for me to sleep. I have also heard that clove oil works – or vodka swished around the infected area!

Excellent Luck!

Answer by Dr. Albert, DDS
JESS,
JUST FOR RIGHT NOW, TAKE SOME IBUPROFEN (ADVIL) AND CALL THE DENTIST FOR AN APPOINTMENT. GOOD LUCK.

Answer by Roughneck
This may signal crazy but it works. Take a pilled potato and bite down on it with the tooth that hurts. Hold it there for 10 minutes. When you take the potato out you will see that it has turned black from the infection inside your tooth.

Answer by iggy
Taking and finishing the antibiotic is the most vital part which will start to relieve the pain after a couple of consistent doses.

Answer by D MAN
take an motrin IB(ibuprofen)
if u get the 200 mg. take 2 of them

Add your own answer in the comments!
Read more:
bone graft dental implant

I went to the dentist now and I looked at my X-rays.. I have a baby tooth that never really grew because it was growing into another tooth so theres a gap between two of my teeth that isn’t visible to the outsider.. do I have to do anything about it?? My dentist says I may have to get it pulled and get an implant. Is this really necessary? Thanks.

Answer by path less travelled
That is called a supernumerary. I had one of those, too, and had it removed. Like you, it was invisible, which set just above my two top front teeth and was healthy inside its sac. And like you, I never knew I had it. It was suggested to remove it so as to avert any chance of later potential conundrum.

You might want to inquire with your dentist if the cyst sac — if present — in which the baby tooth is enclosed is liable to renovate into a conundrum later, or if the supernumerary may later displace your teeth alignments or affect the health of your gums.

Make sure that you are clear about why he or she suggests there is a need to get an implant. Some other dentist may see that an extraction of that tooth in front of it is not necessary.

Therefore, get a second or even third opinion. For example, get an opinion from a professor of dentistry in a School or College of Dentistry, in whom the latest procedures are liable renowned and practiced.

Answer by PenPress
You should see a dentist and most liable you need to get the baby tooth removed.

But again, that pronouncement has to be made by your treating dentist.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment