Friday 22 April 2011

Q&A: Can a flipper tooth be made for the back molar (#18 for me)?

Q&A: Can a flipper tooth be made for the back molar (#18 for me)?

Called a prosthodontist who states she can make a flipper tooth for the last tooth that is gone. I thought you had to have teeth on either side of the flipper? Can a partial be made for just one back tooth? I can not afford the implant…

Answer by frdrtd
A flipper can be made for tooth #18 but is a waste of money. Since #18 is the last tooth on the lower left, a flipper is not needed.

A flipper does not require teeth on both sides since they are considered to be cosmetic. A partial is generally used to replace gone teeth on both sides of the mouth.

Add your own answer in the comments!
See the original post here:
cost dental implant surgery

I am 17 and I had 2 teeth implants 4 months ago, now the doctor want to set up for the crown and one of them suddenly slipped down on my mouth, then the doctor told me that there is no way of getting it up again, unless I wait for 6 months max and then he can do it to me.

I am so frightened because teeth implants hurts really terrible especially after the surgery
what can eat or do to make my next teeth implants surgery successful?
I despise surgeries now and so as the Dentist and its still hurt me right now

Answer by Dental Problems
Diet doesn’t really work, it’s not uncommon for an implant to fail my mother took 2-=3 tries before her implant worked.

Answer by Dr.Lucy, DDS (dentist)
Unfortunately there is not really anything that can be done if you smoke I advise that you stop, as smoking is a very huge risk factor in implant failure. You have to know that an implant is a foreign substance that is being placed in your mouth and like any kind of implant surgery including teeth the body may reject it. Some people have successful implants and others don’t there is really no way of telltale whose will work and whose wont. If your doctor is recommending that you retry I would follow his/her advice but the pronouncement is really up to you there are other ways of replacing gone teeth though if an implant takes it is the best way to go. I can know you not wanting to go through this again so I reckon that you really need to take the time and reckon about it. I hope that this answer helps. Excellent luck:)

Answer by Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT ANYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH WAITING FOR.
MY SUGGESTION IS WAIT 6 MOS. LIKE YOUR DR. SAYS AND TRY AGAIN THEN.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up..
    dental implants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and interesting information can be found on this topic here profile worth to see it. Steel Bite pro

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guardians do an astounding web diary, and have some unfathomable substance. Continue doing extraordinary. Flipper Tooth Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. florisis

    ReplyDelete