Tuesday 19 April 2011

Q&A: Can a dental implant replace baby teeth?

Q&A: Can a dental implant replace baby teeth?

I have a condition everywhere I am gone the adult teeth for the maxillary unencumbered incisors. Once the baby teeth fell out, though, the adult canines (cuspids) shifted and replaced them. The result is that I finished up with two pairs of canines – the adult ones, and the baby teeth. The baby ones aren’t holding out very well. There is still nerve in them, and I’ve had a mini-root canal on one, and the other one is starting to hurt too, so I’m thinking about implants. I don’t want to wear braces, and I’m pleased with my smile the way it is. Would it be possible to place in a replica of the baby teeth, or do they only do adult teeth?

Answer by Gabriela
Im pretty sure they would fit it according to what best fits your mouth. If that means they go with the size of the baby tooth, then it’s possible they would. They dont have one size that they use on everyone, they custom make them.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Link:
contemporary dental implant centre reviews

I just had my right and left bottom molar extracted yesterday, and was thinking about implant, but one of my friend questioned why not bridge? …..
if you had 1 of them done before, how was the pain during procedure and after its done?, and which one you would reckon better? …. Implant sounds fantastic, but imagine that screw into ur jaw feels so painful ^-^
is it normal, if the tooth next to the extracted tooth sored after the extraction? why is that ???

Answer by Dr. H
Both bridges and implants have benefits for different situations. If the teeth next to the tooth that was extracted are healthy and do not have large fillings or crowns on them, have an implant done. When doing a bridge the doctor will have to mill down the teeth next to the extraction site in order to make a bridge. It is a shame to mill away healthy teeth just for a bridge. Implants are not painful to have placed. You will be numb, and most surgeons even offer a conscious sedation.

Answer by aewalk07
implant is the way i would go. for a bridge you must cut down two impeccably excellent teeth to cement a bridge on… the conundrum with this is you can not see the teeth for decay after the bridge is placed…so only after it is too late.. then you have to remove the bridge and pull both teeth… of course this is much later on.. but why waste all that money and two excellent teeth?? just pay for an implant it’s so versatile and simple.. it can be used later in a bridge or a denture if needed to. i would never place a bridge in my mouth.. implants may be small more expensive but in the long run much cheaper than a bridge ,two crowns, eventually two extractions and then finally getting an implant b/c you didn’t in the first house.

if it were my mouth I’d stick an implant in it.

Answer by BaybeeG
It depends on the situation of your teeth.

If your teeth next to the molar that is extracted are healthy then I dental implant is a better option.
You don’t want to waste healthy teeth for bridge. Other than losing two teeth adjacent to your extracted tooth, you have to take more care of it. Cleaning teeth for bridge is more troublesome.
Also, you will not know if the adjacent teeth has conundrum as it is covered with crown too.

As for dental implant, it might look painful but in the long run it is better for you.

Answer by bpgagirl22
I just had an emergency implant done last year. Here’s what happened.

For a digit of being, I’ve had 5 root canals in various uppers and lowers. One of my upper right rear root canal failed and part of the bone broke off and was causing an infection and right me having emergency implant surgery. I didn’t have a choice. Now, for being, my Dentist, who really used to teach for 20 being at the local Teaching Medical/Dental school here in town told me for the last 8 being that one day I may have to reckon about a bridge for my worst “ground down” teeth that I have but I’m ok for now.
He said he would rather do implants, because as you’ve been told by the Professionals, you really don’t want to mill down impeccably excellent teeth but when a grinder does it on their own (like me) then it does be converted into an issue.

Now, last year when I had the implant surgery, I opted to go under general IV anesthesia. I was only under for about 45 minutes, then the surgeon did the basics for the implant and place the “interior anchor” in house which stayed for a digit of weeks to heal then I went back and he brought it up to the next level and I was urged to wait at least a year so that my gum could cool down and then (that was Feb. 9, 07) and so this year (also because of insurance coverage limitations) I went to my regular dentist who did the crown and everything went impeccably. He did tell me that when you do an implant, the cement used is a bit softer and that is for a certain reason but all in all mine went textbook perfect. I’ve had no problems and honestly I don’t even notice it. Now since it is in the back of my mouth and not noticeable by smiling, I also opted for the harder silver metal (no cost variation) and he said that was a better choice because had I opted for the ceramic type regular, I may have finished up chipping it as I am a grinder. So far so excellent.

Try to avoid a bridge if at all possible. My mom has 2 and despises them. No different than fake teeth because you have to take them out each night and soak them and “adhere” them back in each morning.

Answer by Margaret
Dental implant surgery is very safe currently. My cousin got her dental implants and Lasik surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for dental and Lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very well-known in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, Lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient tales.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plot to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com

Hope this helps.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment