Saturday 16 April 2011

Q&A: Can I get my dental insurance or medical insurance to pay for dental implants?

Q&A: Can I get my dental insurance or medical insurance to pay for dental implants?

My dental problems started because of a car accident. For being I have been paying for different treatments. I have had crowns then bridge work and now I want implants. I am hoping implants will last the rest of my life.

Answer by Helen DDS
The dental insurance either pays for them or they don’t. It has more to do with the plot your company selected and not the insurance itself ( I’m sure the insurance company has plans that take in implants, but your company didn’t subscribe to it) Do you have flex spending with your job?. Implant’s the best way to go. It’s worth saving for.

Answer by Paul D
I’ve had a few dental implants over the last few being and I have yet to find any dental insurance companies that will take in the procedure. The main reason is that the procedure is expensive. Being a Federal employee I have my choice of many quality insurance plans both general medical and numerous dental plans and not one covers dental implants. The best I could do was to set up a medical savings account so that I used tax deferred funds to take in them.

Answer by dentalcare32
It would be hard to find an insurance company or plot that covers dental implants, that too when your dentist recommends it as a necessary treatment. Otherwise the most comfortable would be looking for dental treatment abroad. You may search for dental implants, hotel stay and tour wrap in India or Thailand or Dubai.

Answer by B.Woorley
Yes it is possible but it will take alot of letter writing and serious documentation. You’ll need each piece of information about the accident and the hurt it caused. Also you’ll need to be very friendly with your doctor and dentist because they’ll need to write narratives also. Start by having the dentist submit a preautheration to your medical company with a narrative stating the implant is needed due to an accident. He/she will need the medical 9 digit medical code for the implant. An oral surgeon may be more familiar with medical insurance than a regular dentist.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Go here to see the original:
cosmetic dental implant

magkanu po per ngipin?

salamat

Answer by patrick
wala bang malapit na dentista sa lugar ninyo? Sila ang mas nakakaalam…

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment