Tuesday 19 April 2011

What are the hidden disadvantages of dental implants?

What are the hidden disadvantages of dental implants?

even those which are properly placed because surely there not the same as real teeth.

Answer by musicguy
Well if its a crown over the top of an unfilled tooth, then the danger is that over time the nerves will die in the tooth roots. This means that in later life that tooth may have to be extracted.

Answer by grandpa walleye
They are the best way to replace a tooth period. They will not decay and have a success rate in the high 90%. If there is anything negative about them , it is that they are costly.

Answer by John Bridger – DDS
Dental Implants have very few disadvantages. Really, I cannot reckon of any! The only complications I can reckon of would be if you did not have adequate bone to support one, or if you smoke. Dental Implants are the strongest and most reliable dental restorations available now. I'm sure in the future they will come up with better tooth replacement options such as perhaps re-growing natural teeth, but for now, implants are the best tooth replacement option.

Give your answer to this question below!
Originally posted here:
cost of a dental implant

I have other implants that I have never had a conundrum with. My Dentist tells me it’s nothing serious but he also has no thought why I would be having pain. I don’t want to live like this. I admit, some days I don’t have any pain, but some days it’s pretty intense. HELP!
It hurts like I have a real tooth. Excuse the typo. I have been back to my dentist twice and he took exray’s. He can’t see anything incorrect. My other implants give me no problems. The same General Dentist has given me all the implants. I can tell you this, the pain is not normal. How can I tell if it’s an infection? Or an infection in another tooth? I swear it’s as if there is a real tooth…..I’m thinking he should take it out, or like my two answers below said, second opinion or periodontist.

Answer by …SueMika…
my advise is to go back to ur dentist and get an x-ray done…sumtime ur other tooth might be having infection or pain but u may feel as if the pain cums from ur implant tooth…

If ur dentist cudn’t clarify why,try to get 2nd opinion from other dentist..Hope this help..

Answer by Bill
You may have an infection near the implant. Happened to me about 6 months after I had an implant placed and I lost the implant.
Replaced and haven’t had a conundrum since.

You need to see the dentist as soon as possible or make a appt. with a periodontist. If it is a infection they may be able to head it off with antibiotics. Keep an eye on the implant, if it starts to loosen it’s lost.
Don’t waste time – get it checked out.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment