Wednesday 27 April 2011

Tooth and gum question when chewing gum?

Tooth and gum question when chewing gum?

So I had a tooth extraction and an implant was place into my gums in June. It’s on the bottom left side way in the back – my last tooth. A month later, I noticed my gums started splitting behind the implant and I saw another tooth emerge – my wisdom tooth. It doesn’t bother me at all, it’s just now my wisdom tooth, my implant and then the rest of my teeth. But the weird thing happens: whenever I chew gum on that side, and it’s pressed against my wisdom tooth and implant, this really weird taste of terrible breath – like taste comes out. Is it just build up on my teeth or can it be puss and can it be a possible infection? I just want to know what the weird terrible breath taste thing that comes out from the back tooth is. Thanks

Answer by Barbara M
If your wisdom tooth is erupting there can be a flap of skin everywhere debri can being getting trapped. Try swishing with warm salt water and listerine to clean out the area. Gently brush the area everywhere the tooth is erupting to clean food and plague from it. If this doesn’t help I would see the periodontist about it.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Here is the original post:
contemporary dental implant centre reviews

Answer by Dental Assistant (IC)
Hi, aakoonche,

Providing your bone, etc, is suitable for implants, having an implant at 58 being ancient is absolutely fine, so I am lead to believe.

My friend had an implant with local anaesthetic and didn’t suffer from any severe pain. Perhaps slight discomfort is experienced, but no immense pain.

I am yet to work in a practice that provides implants, but from what I have heard, it is not as terrible as people reckon.

Keep smiling,

IC.

Answer by B T
as long as u have certain quantity of jaw or nasal bone tohave the screw hold in its house. If your jaw or nasal bone is less than 5mm, the dentist might place a bone graft..It also depends on everywhere the dental implant is gonna be placed. The actual procedure does not hurt because the dentist really numbs you (I have a excellent dentist :) ). I also had a bone graft – the dentist took the stitches out from the graft site 3 wks later..It didn’t bother me. Now he’s going to house the crown 6 months later..He told me that he just desires everything to be healed before the seats that crown (only a screw w/ cap is sticking out – does not bother me at all).

Answer by Kelli in FL
Having an implant is a wonderful way to replace a gone tooth. You are not too ancient to have one done and all of my patients that have had one say it feels like they had a tooth extracted. Not one of my patients said that it was very painful at all. The dentist that I worked for did numerous implants on his 80 year ancient grandmother and she did wonderful with the procedure. Excellent Luck.

Answer by toothfairy.2006
Implants are excellent for anyone who has excellent bone level and does not smoke. If you have implants and you smoke, they will get terribly infected and will have to be removed. Having them placed can be done locally. To recover from the procedure takes no time at all. It’s no worse then having a tooth pulled. If you don’t have enough bone level, a bone graft is also an option. I warn you though, it is very costly if your insurance won’t take in it. Your medical insurance could also take in a bone graft surgery if you go to an oral surgeon. But it just may depend on your coverage. One implant may cost up to $ 1400 and a bone graft could cost around $ 1500. Just depends on the doctor’s rates. Go to an oral surgeon for a consultation.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment