Friday 8 April 2011

What happens when you don't replace a tooth you have had pulled?

What happens when you don't replace a tooth you have had pulled?

I had a tooth pulled, the dentist desires to place in an implant, but it’s very expensive. What happens if I don’t have the implant?

Answer by bmac
You should get something there. If you don’t, the teeth on both sides of the extraction site will weaken from bone loss, loosen and it can start a domino effect. You’ll have to have them pulled and so on.

My mother had it happen. This was before dental implants were available. She just couldn’t afford a bridge.

Answer by wax
I agree with the other poster. The immediate problems are going ot be empty socket, a very painful thing because you basically have exposed nerves in a dirty hole (aka your mouth). And the presence of other teeth keeps them from drifting out of alignment.

You dentist should be able to at least close the hole, then place in an artificial spacer that is about the same size as the tooth should be. The spacer jsut won’t be helpful as a tooth and may hhave to be removed and replaced when eating.

Answer by jekin
depends which tooth, the others will go over to fill the gap somewhat. depends on your age. Some people have the two on each side of the two front ones removed to make room for the others. It all depends on the rest of your face and your genetics.
If you don’t fill the gap with a bridge or implant now you won’t be able to later. Some women have some of their back teeth removed so their face looks slimmer. Possibly you can afford a bridge. Also see another dentist. they don’t all charge the same.

Answer by Mattman
My personal description. My tooth stopped hurting after two days. Still use it to chew food. One day, it broke apart. Finally I pulled the root out. And now there’s a gap.

Answer by Gina
you will have an empty space in that area and your other teeth might space out. If you wanted an implant you should have told the doctor in enhancement so that he can reserve that space. It will cost more if the area colapses because he will have to do bone grafting.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Link:
affordable dental implant

Hello! I am going to be very specific about my situation and would like only people with experience on this subject (such as dentists and people who have undergone the operation I am about to specify). Well, starting off, i have 2 teeth with no adult/permanent tooth under ; one is excellent with no infection or cavity, but the other one had a hole in it, so i went to the dentists and he gave me a silver crown on it, and not the other. 2-3 later, i got an infection on the tooth with the silver crown. This infection is like this huge bubble filled with blood/liquid (I don’t know what really) and i had to get the tooth removed (it was painless because it had no long roots; small roots because its a baby tooth). Anyways, now reckon this: a tooth removed and all the substance in the cavity is gone, so the result is this remaining agitatting gum skin and now, it’s covering all the space everywhere the tooth got pulled. So now, im getting a tooth implant soon and now im asking you guys these 3 questions based on the background information that i have full you with:

1) Will the Tooth implant hurt (the gum drilling part)?
2) Do I have to get an incision (cut) on my gums to get rid or the extra skin or will it heal by itself? Will this operation hurt?
3) What is the apt age to get a tooth implant?

Thanks all! and delight, be very specific with your answers:)

Answer by Kelle
Any age.

It does not hurt as the nerves are gone.

http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/implants.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_implant

http://www.animated-teeth.com/tooth-implants/b1-dental-implants-procedure.htm

Answer by BRENTMAN
1) I had a tooth implant, everywhere I got place to sleep, and an oral surgeon literally drilled a titanium screw into my cheek bone, so that a fake tooth can be attached to it. It didn’t hurt one bit. I got knocked out, and next thing I knew I woke up and it was done. Of course I felt a small drowsy and confused right as I woke up, but by the time I got out of the chair and left the building, I felt fine…just a bit tired and worn out, from the anesthetic.

2) I dont know about an extra cut or anything. All I know is what I stated above.

3) Any age is fine I’m sure, besides infants and such. I was 16 when I had mine done.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment