Sunday 10 April 2011

Does it hurt lots to get a back tooth pulled?

Does it hurt lots to get a back tooth pulled?

My back tooth broke really terrible when I was pregnant and I couldn’t do much at the time to have it repaired other then a fleeting filling.This was about 6 months ago.The fleeting filling is now worn away nearly and I was plotting on having a root canal and crown under I.V sedation but now I am plotting on leaving overseas.It is really bothering me and it is very sensitive.Now I am thinking just to have it pulled out but I am very very frightened as I do not freeze well and it may be infected which interferes with the freezing as to whether it will work or not.I am not sure what to do and I can hardley eat as I have problems with my other back teeth as well but I am plotting on having them all flat overseas.I can’t wait to do this one tooth though as it is very terrible.Has anyone gone through this and was it very painful?I am terrified.I am not frightened of needles at all I am just frightened of feeling any pain? My teeth are very sensitive.Also how soon can I get an implant?Does anyone know? Thanks.

Answer by kstarryeyed
When i was pregnant i had the same thing happen to me. a root canal is by far more expensive and more painful then just pulling it. i don’t freeze well either, in fact my dentist uses a certain novacaine on only me in the whole town. it works really well. otherwise, let your dentist know and he’ll doubtless have you sit a couple extra minutes so it freezes. they pull the tooth out so quick that it doesn’t hurt. my tooth ached, and i couln’t eat on that side of the mouth, trust me, it was way worth it!! no thought on how long for the implant though…

Answer by Paramedic girl
Your dentist should prescribe you something before doing the root canal to make sure that any infection is cleared up, which will also help the freezing. Extractions arent excellent because it provides no resting house for your other teeth. It should only be done if a root canal and crown arent an option anymore.
As for a root canal, the procedure doesnt hurt, though after the freezing wears off a few hours later its a small sore but completely tolerable.
If you can, have the canal and crown done.

Answer by needer7
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed at the age of 29 as a surgery last fall. My teeth were more then 2X’s larger then normal, and 2 were sideways. The bottoms had the nerve flowing through the middle of the root. I am also a needlephobe. I finished up finding a doctor who also does facial reconstructive surgery in order to take them out. THey gave me laughing gas, and then the IV to knock me out. I will recommend that process to anyone. Minimal pain afterwards as well. Then, you have a highly qualified MD that can help you on when you can get an implant, or anything else you need. Hopefully my experience will help. :)

Answer by gardeninggirl38
I have had root canals, crowns, and a back tooth pulled. It does not hurt at all to have the tooth pulled. But then you have an empty space there. See if you can get a crown. My dentist can do crowns in the same office visit. But if your tooth has too much decay you may need a root canal. I would go to the dentist and get his or her opinion. I would try to salvage what you can. An implant will cost a lot more money I am betting, and more trips to the dentist. Get opinions from other people about their dentists and try to find a nice, gentle dentist. They are out there and it will be a better experience for you.

Answer by thddspc
If the dentist is excellent at injecting anesthetic in the right seats, the extractions should not hurt. The lower jaw is harder to numb than the upper jaw though, because the lower jaw requires a very specific injection called the Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block, and the sad certainty is that some dentists just aren’t any excellent at doing it (and that’s doubtless everywhere all the horror tales of unbearable pain during dental work come from).

Anyway, as I said, if your dentist is excellent at administering local anesthetic, you should feel no pain during the extraction.

Whether or not you are a excellent implant candidate depends on many factors, such as if there are interfering structures in the area (mandibular nerve, maxillary sinuses, etc.) and if you got the right teeth spacing (7mm minimum), and if you are healthy (whether or not you are healthy enough to undergo invasive surgery), etc. You should question for an evaluation and have your dentist clarify the process to you.

Hope this helps, and excellent luck.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Continue reading here:
cost dental implant

What are the consequences of having no teeth in your mouth? How much do fake teeth cost?

A while ago, I had a tooth extracted. As a result, my teeth shifted and my gums are receding. The only way to permanently fix the dental conundrum is to get a gum graph done, get braces and a tooth implant. Unfortunately, the price of the dental work is too steep.

I am getting the gum graph done and hoping that my gums stop receding or go very gradually. I cannot afford to spend $ 4000.00 for dental work.

Answer by *Shaira_x3
WELL YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CHEW FOOD IF YOU LOOSE ALL YOUR TEETH AND TALKING WILL BE HARDER AND YOUR GUMS CAN BECOME VERY SENSITIVE AND SO YOULL PROBABLY HAVE TO EAT SOFT FOOD LIKE AVACADOS MASHED PEAS MASHED SQUASH BASICALLY ALL THAT BABY FOOD BUT ADDED ENOUGH PROTIENS FOR YOU…..

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment