Sunday 10 April 2011

A week after dental implant surgery! Advice/opinions greatly appreciated!?

A week after dental implant surgery! Advice/opinions greatly appreciated!?

Hello!

My name is Derek and I am 22 being ancient. I had a dreadful freak accident and fainted which lead me to land on my face and i got injured pretty terrible… I had to get 3 of my front teeth extracted and bone grafts…

I just had the implant surgery last wendsday exactly a week ago…. I had 3 implants placed in 7# 8# and 9# i reckon…

Now, last week the doctors said that the width and height was okay for my bone after the grafts but the quality wasnt as dense as they wanted. They basically said this raised the risk for failure…

Now to my question… I do NOT smoke cigarettes but i do use marijuana for medical reasons. I use high quality cannabis 1-3 times a day. The day of surgery IAnd make sure to keep my flipper in my mouth while I do which covers the implant site. I also brush my other teeth/toungue and rinse with sea salt water after. I have also been taking Ester-C, a multi-vitamin, and calcium since the surgery…

Now im wondering and I have been worried a while… Will I have a greater chance of failure because of my usage of cannabis?

And I havent used alcohol since then, and they said not to for at least a week, do you reckon drinking a couple drinks would also raise my risk? I will definately not do it if it will!

Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Answer by Bella
You’re not meant to smoke or suck from a straw. Smoking pot is a sucking action just as smoking a cigarette is.

And don’t drink. There’s a reason why they tell you not to do so. Alcohol is a blood thinner.

Considering how much those implants cost, why even take the risk of fudging them up and having to get them flat?

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
See the original post here:
contemporary dental implant centre

First off i have tmj
I got my right 2nd back molar pulled about a month ago. My tmj is acting up because i have only been chewing on my left side, so i need to fill the gap and i want an implant because it will stop the jaw bone from shrinking , and it is best for tmj ( so i have heard)

but ..I do smoke. I would definately quit after getting the implant for though long it took to make sure it was successful. I just need to know.

- will the implant still hold if i smoke before the surgery?
- will the implant affect my tmj for the worse?
- if i start smoking say 5 months after the implant.. is that terrible?

delight help.. im in dire need of professional answers
Should i just get a permanent bridge place in? or willl that not help my tmj? I should i have never got the tooth pulled, as it has caused all these problems :( im so frightened and confused about this all..

Answer by PenPress
Smoking depletes proper blood supply to the tissue.

Therefore, for your own benefit (i.e., for the success of the implant) do not smoke before and after the surgery….the implant will fail.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment