Friday 13 May 2011

Q&A: How have dental implants changed your life?

Q&A: How have dental implants changed your life?

Answer by PenPress
1. Can get the missing tooth / teeth replaced

2. Do not have to take dentures / fake teeth out all the time

3. No embarrassment in terms of fake teeth / denture coming off

4. Can crush / chew / grind food with full confidence.

Add your own answer in the comments!
See the rest here:
cost dental establish

are they worth it and do they really last forever? can you eat anything?
thanks

Answer by Sina.ak47
honestly i wouldn’t take them, especially if you still have your teeth, caz itll just be a pain in the ass….don’t get them

Answer by Connor
yes they are they are kinda tough to get used to but once you do you’ll be thriving like never before.
you can even eat anything you want to. they are able to last for ever. if you take care of them.

Answer by jabberwocky
My Grandmother got dental implants about 15 years ago. She can eat anything she likes and they aren’t going anywere anytime soon. I reckon it would be worth it. YOu don’t have to take them out to clean them or worry about what you are intake…..

Answer by naenae0011
They have a terrific success rate, and as long as you heal well and maintain excellent oral health, there is no reason you can’t eat anything you want for the rest of your life!!

Answer by DAN
If you lost a tooth dental implants are 100% worth it! Several years ago I had a molar that became impacted and had to be extracted. That left a gap between my teeth where the molar was. The options were to get a join or an impant. To get a join you have to hurt the tooth in front of and behind the gap where the molar was. The join attaches to the additional teeth and then bridges the gap. The join does not sit flush with the gum any. You run the risk of food or additional particles getting under the join and irritating or in the worst case scenario infecting the gum. You have to be very diligent about cleaning out from under it. So… there were a lot of drawbacks for having a join. I absolutely did not want to hurt any more teeth to glue the join and I was told that the join would likely have to be redone in 10 years.

The additional option was to get an establish. The establish is placed in your mouth by drilling a socket into your jawbone. From there a post is screwed into the socket and a tooth is built to go directly over the socket. For all intents and purposes the establish looks and acts just like a real tooth. Don’t get me incorrect though, the process of getting the establish was exceptionally painful. From having the originaly socket place into the jaw, getting the post, and then finally the tooth, it hurt the entire time.

Now that I have it done I am glad I got it done. It looks like a real tooth, it sits flush with the gum so there is no irritation like there would be with a join. Also if I left the gap or if I got a join the teeth in front of and behind the gap would ultimately go to fill the gap. That is one of the reasons why if you get a join it has to be redone in 10 or so years. With the impant the gap is filled and the additional teeth react to it as if it were a real tooth.

Is it stable? Nothing is completely stable. If I take care of my teeth, if I don’t get hit in the mouth and hurt it the establish is essentially stable. The only reason I might have to get it redone would be if my mouth changes, my gums go, something like that as I age and would need a new implanted tooth to better fit the changes in my mouth. The establish into my jaw is permanant as long as my jawbone is intact and does not degrade in any way.

Get the establish, don’t get a join.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment