Wednesday 25 May 2011

Impacted left upper cusped tooth?

Impacted left upper cusped tooth?

I need to know what to do. I have an impacted left high cusped tooth. I went to the oral surgeon and they said I would have to baggy the cusped. The cusped tooth is horizontal in the gum line. The tooth really grew through the root of the stable tooth next to it. I will baggy that tooth also. The only way I can get two implants, I will have to get bone graphs to build up enough foundation for implants. I know that will cost at least $ 6K. I am a college student and funds are limited. So would my best option be to get a join that would connect the first high molar across to the next first molar? My high teeth are not perfectly honest anyway. I am just looking for the best fix for now. and later when I get out of college I may seek for establish. If the join is permanant I’ll just keep a join.

Answer by jessica p
well go see an orthodonist they can help.

Answer by ari
I had this!! you dont need implants! just go to an orthodontist and they can glue a chain and pull it down for you. Thats what i did, but it was pretty expensive…

I reckon the bone is too thin in front, for an establish.

Answer by Lesley T
Hi I am a qualified dental nurse with 20yrs experience,and while i sympathise with you entirely I really wouldn’t worry about the loss of persons two molar teeth most public don’t miss them and carry on as normal.The implants you mention and the bridges have far less success rate the further you place them back in the mouth and you really have to be so meticulous in the way you maintain them and even then they can be detrimental to your surrounding teeth.I would have the teeth extracted and wait for a while see how you get on and spend the money on having fun.Honestly I have patients who only have 6 sometimes 5 teeth back on each arch and they eat just as well and for aesthetics reasons no one is going to notice that far back..relax dude

Give your answer to this question below!
See the first post here:
cost of dental establish

I am 37 years ancient and will maybe be having to have tooth #18 (bottom left next to my root canal) extracted. I am hoping it can be saved with a root canal/crown lengthening but wont know for sure until next week when I get in to see the periodonitist.
My question is Do I have to place an establish there? Can I just place a space? The wisdom tooth next to it does have some decay but my dentist said I can probably just have a filling in it, even if she said the periodontist may suggest having both teeth extracted and an establish placed where the second molar was. But if it’s so far back why do I need an establish? Is it right that teeth will shift or that the opposing tooth on top will erupt from not have a bottom tooth to bite into?
Thanks!

Answer by ms_awesome
it is right that when your tooth gets extracted that the teeth around it will shift to fill the space and the opposing tooth will grow downward into the space as well. i’ve seen a patient with that situation and the tooth growing into the empty space ultimately was exposed to the extend where the bifurcation was visible. an establish would be a very excellent yet costly thought. what about a join? you said you still have your third molar. this might be invasive but cheaper.

Answer by grandpa walleye
That is exactly what will happen and you will end up losing that tooth as well. Net result is that on that side you will only have your 6 year molars to chew with. Will you miss not having more molars-yes. Will you die-no.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment