Tuesday 17 May 2011

Root fracture-extraction (implant) or root removal?

Root fracture-extraction (implant) or root removal?

My endodontist says I have a root break on a tooth that I’ve had a root canal on—twice (6 and 2 years ago). I have some pain, swelling and a small pustule. He says my options are to remove the root, which would only place “two legs on a three-legged stool” (it’s a molar)..or remove the tooth and get an establish(expensive…a nearby tooth was removed two years ago and not replaced, so I have to fix this one or have it replaced. Suggestions?

Answer by Autumn
You can remove the one root and if you want the additional next to it replaced they may maybe make you a join which is clarified in the website below. It sounds like you have an infection and that tooth may have to go one day. If you choose to go with an establish they can replace both teeth with the one establish. It depends on how well you can chew once both teeth are missing. If you’re chewing okay then have it pulled and don’t do anything else until you’re ready. I also left a website for info on implants. You have a tough case. Excellent luck!

Answer by Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
IF THOSE ARE THE OPTIONS THEN I WOULD HAVE A ROOT RESECTION AND HAVE THE BROKEN PIECE REMOVED ND KEEP THE TOOTH. AN IMPLANT IS AN OPTION BUT WILL COST MORE IN TIME AND MONEY TO FIX. BESIDES INSURANCE WON’T PAY FOR THE IMPLANT.

Give your answer to this question below!
More:
ceraroot zirconia dental establish

I have to sit for 1 1/2 hours while some dentist tries to unscrew my establish screws with a hand-held screw-driver, plus I’ve been told that some of the slots are worn down so terrible that a screw driver may not work !!! I need the top plate removed & remade with more realistic looking teeth (longer better shaped, and that make my high lip push out a small like real teeth do, just a bit tho, not too much. I’ve got 10 screws in my high jaw !!! ILIVE IN S.W. FLA. BETWEEN NAPLES & FORT MYERS, BUT I CAN TRAVEL UP TO 2HRS IF I CAN FIND THE RIGHT DENTIST !!! Thank you sooooo much for all your help — everyone! I was a gorgeous woman b4 car wreck & I want to look pretty again! Even my 10yr ancient niece noticed that my high lip is “flat” !!!!! PROBABLY NEED AN ORAL SURGEON WHO WORKS WITH A TOP QUALITY BRIDGE MAKER !!!

Answer by todaviacargado
I don’t know, but if you don’t find one I have an electric screwdriver and would be more than pleased to take them out for you.

Answer by docgobbler
Contact Dr. Craig Misch 941-379-4244 or 941-360-9329 [Sarasota]. He handles hard cases.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment