Saturday 14 May 2011

just got of surgery for an implant?

just got of surgery for an implant?

My doctor gave me a list of things to do and not to do… but he never mentioned smoking. i can’t eat spicy things, hot things, blah blah.
but not smoking.
it also seems that i can drink through a straw. it hurts now… but i just got back from having it done. i have stitches and a flipper. when i had the additional one done i remember i smoked… but i was much younger than so it was illegal for me to smoke so i rarely did.

accidently i just ate something spicy. did i mess things up?
i also smoked a cigarette cuz the paper did not mention smoking.
the establish is one of my two front teeth. the additional on front tooth is an establish too (got into a terrible bike accident when i was younger)

Answer by Skeeter
I can answer your questions because I have dental implants and my Prosthodontists have an amazingly terrific website. (smile)

See this link: http://www.dentalimplants-usa.com/misc/smoke/smoke.html

*snipped from the site* Cigarette smoking has long been known to be associated with a variety of oral situation including periodontal disease, bone loss, tissue loss, tooth loss, edentulism, peri-implantitis and dental establish stoppage.

I can’t judge your dentist didn’t tell you how serious smoking can keep your implants from working.

As for intake something spicy. There only caution for this is that it would burn. Same way as they suggest no soda. DO NOT drink with a straw. The sucking may maybe hurt you. I would suggest you cut way back on the smoking if you can.

Look at this site I made since I have had many dental surgeries.

http://www.freewebs.com/dentalsurgeryhelp/

Answer by deelberger
Normally the do tell you not to smoke. I’m surprised that the paper fails to mention this. It can exchange the healing and also, can interfere with the time the implants last. You might get lucky and it smoking won’t exchange the implants, but it’s very risky. I work for a prosthodontist and will be getting implants once my jaw bones are healed (I recently got dentures which is the first step to the implants). I’m fortunate that I work for a prosthodontist who gives employees a 75% money off, otherwise, I’d never have been able to afford all this work. So far, had I been paying what others do, I would have spent about $ 20,000 and that doesn’t include the implants (which would cost $ 20,000-$ 30,000 (I’ll be paying about $ 5,000).

It’s not a excellent thought to smoke after having any dental work done. You’re not even supposed to smoke for at least an hour after you use an over-the-counter tooth whitener.

Excellent luck with your implants – I hope you like ‘em!

Deanna

What do you reckon? Answer below!
See the rest here:
cost dental establish

Ciao

I am 26 years ancient and am in the process of getting invisalign. My largest issue is that I have an eye tooth/ canine that has not came out, on the x ray shows that it is coming it at an angle…My orthodontist is excellent and went over my options. Since I am a business professional I need something that will not look too obvious… my first option was to glue a bracket and pull it down but this can take a very long time and even that may not guarantee that it will come in honest which will force me to get metal braces which i DO NOT want to get. my additional option was to have it removed and place an establish in place. to prepare my surrounding teeth he was going to place ceramic braces on for about 3-6 month to prepare the surrounding teeth and in place place a fake tooth until the establish procedure is complete, then place me back on invisalign.. I know this will be a small more expensive but it seems as if it wont take so long and will be less noticeable.. What is your advise? please help

Answer by nicole h
Nothing is as excellent as a real tooth!

I had the same business happen to me, when I was 16. I had metal braces, and the orthodontist extracted my primary canine and emotionally involved a bracket to the stable canine. I had my braces on for 2 1/2 years. I would recommened not having your stable canine replaced with an establish! Like I said above, nothing is as excellent as the real business!

Answer by charles n
persons exactly are your options. if you were 16, i would recommend the first option. it is worth a try to save your stable tooth because (even if there are no guarantees, even with an establish), it would be nice to have a natural tooth as your canine.you can function without a canine but a canine is vital in excursive movements since is helps relieve the load from the additional teeth. a establish canine can do the same but it’s just not as strong as a natural canine.
but since you are 26, the second option would be fine. it will be successful if done properly and if everything heals well. yes, it wont take as long and will cost more since there are more procedures to do. hopefully, the fake tooth doesnt fall out when you have it placed for 3-6months. – it might be an inconvenience. excellent luck
dr. charles

Answer by GoodThingsAlwaysEnd
Invisilign can fix bent/severly bent teeth. Just look at the website.

Answer by whiteangel_101
I would not have a healthy tooth removed just because I was worried of my appearance for a few months. Your natural teeth are so vital and it’s sad to hear that public would just rather have them taken out rather than try to keep their own. I reckon you should have the wire emotionally involved and let the tooth be pulled down into its place. Even if your canine teeth come in bent, you shouldn’t have to have a full set of braces…I’d get a second opinion if that’s what your orthodontist told you. It should be a goal to keep all of your own teeth.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment