Sunday 15 May 2011

Do I really need an implant to keep my teeth from falling out?

Do I really need an implant to keep my teeth from falling out?

My dentist pulled my lower back tooth 2 years ago and the one on the additional side is going to have to go. cracked from having wisdom teeth extracted years ago.

He showed me this record that remaining teeth will come out like dominos over time…. but it has been 2 years since the one extraction and I don’t reckon they have shifted. I am very huge boned if that makes a difference.

The business is I really like not having that last tooth as it makes it simpler to maintain the rest. Furthermore, my teeth have always been crowded. They may maybe probably shift over time, if they do and it would probably improve my bite.

I know the uppers would have to come out too ultimately, but I am ok with that.

He keeps pushing these $ 2500 implants. I really don’t have the money for it as I have kids in private school and pay about $ 800/month child support.

Answer by knowitall
For some reason I have a feeling your dentist has kids in private school, too. ;-)

Answer by KylieD
Well, I reckon you should, yea, you should for the best of your teeth.
I hope I helped !
: ) ~* KD *~ : )

Answer by evol
I’m sorry to hear of your dental issues, but I have to disagree with your outlook. Based on what the doctor is telling you, I’m assuming you have moderate to severe bone loss, due to periodontal disease (some call it gum disease). This is caused by a specific bacteria, which will continue the destruction of the bone, and lead to further tooth loss. I hope they are trying to keep you on a fixed 3-4 month schedule for hygiene visits, and that you are coiffure and flossing at home,but it sound like you are not. I know monetary issues, but you should not give up on your oral health! Implants or not, let your dentist know that your health is mospt vital business to you.

Give your answer to this question below!
See first here:
bone graft dental establish

My lower incisors are overcrowded and overlapping can I replace the teeth with an establish?

The incisors of my lower teeth have grown overcrowded, resulting in some in them overlapping somewhat and also forcing one to protrude about 2mm higher than the others. I can't see how a brace would help as there seems very small space to play with (I may be incorrect, I often am). Is there anything I can do, like have the teeth removed and replaced with an establish, or is this too drastic agreed that the teeth are essentially healthy and my conundrum is purely cosmetic?

Answer by 愛妻
Extracting the teeth and inserting implants are going to be more costly because implants tend to go as cosmetic procedures. If you have insurance, you can probably pay less for braces on the mandible. I have tri-care and it covers 50% of my braces, and at my university, braces are already cheaper than at a private orthodontic office.

Answer by susieQcleaner
small answer—too drastic!!
Get braces….they do wonders, the orthodontists know what can and cannot be done and will give you a treatment estimate and the expected outcome…..and they will be your natural teeth!!

Answer by zz12zz13zz
beyond doubt go for braces, it may involve removing a tooth or two, but to remove healthy teeth to place an establish is not a viable option. A quick fix may maybe be to get veneers, also would involve removing teeth and altering and reshaping of your healthy teeth, but quicker than braces.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment