Wednesday 18 May 2011

I am getting two dental implants soon. Any advice from those with them? Cheaper in Mexico?

I am getting two dental implants soon. Any advice from those with them? Cheaper in Mexico?

Also:
- How long after my tooth was extracted do I have to wait?
- How long does the procedure take?
- Can you get them without remains material (that just creeps me out, even though I am told it is safe)?
- I am told it will cost about $ 3500/tooth. My insurance does not cover implants. Should I go to Mexico and if so, where?

Answer by Inca Yebail – The 6th profit.
I’m going to have one done in South America. It’s a third of the price! One bit of advice I have, is that instead of using expensive mouth washes each day, simply use a glass of warm water with a spoon of salt in it. It’s better on all fronts except taste.

I’m having mine done in Feb, probably. Let me know how it goes for you, please.

Answer by Honestly
You can try a dental school.

Or question for a payment plot at the best dentist you can find. That is what I would do.

If you have a conundrum you can’t just glide back to Mexico. It will problable be find to have it done it Mexio too though.

Answer by umsayidah
we do implants in this clinic. We generally pull the tooth and whilethe hole is free and open start the establish so it can be healing.. (You are already in pain/might as well kill 2 birds with 1 sedation)
1.)question your dentist about his success rate-(because yes they fail)
2.) the guarantee and dont be cheap – this is stable you want something nice not something cheap??
3.) Be careful what the consent form says-it is meant to protect the doctor not the patient
Excellent Luck
We do implants for 500BD each tooth in Bahrain

how long will be according to your doctors expertise.

Answer by Bill
I had one placed right after the tooth was extracted (minutes).
The screw needs to stay in place apprx. 6 months to ensure it fuses with the bone.
If you’re talking remains material you must need a bone graft which will add another 4-6 months on the process. If you don’t
need a bone graft (bone you have is sufficient to hold the establish) then you don’t have to worry about cadavers.
Whole process including crown usually takes apprx. 7-12 months.
I would not go to Mexico unless you live near the border.
Too many things can go incorrect and progress needs to be periodically checked by the dentist.
$ 3500 seems a small high per establish. You might want to shop around your area.
Also, make sure the establish is guaranteed against stoppage in the first year. The dentist usually has insurance on the establish and it’s built-in in the price.
I had one fail after 6 months and replacement was free including the crown.

Answer by Margaret
Dental establish surgery is very safe nowadays. My cousin got her dental implants and Lasik surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for dental and Lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very well-known in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, Lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient tales.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and additional international patients who plot to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally judge that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com
Hope this helps.

Give your answer to this question below!
Excerpt from:
affordable dental establish

What was the first procedure like, the drilling etc? I have appointment for a consultation but am curious about what the procedure will be like if I am a suitable candidate.

Answer by Cribber
I have one. The dental assistant accidentally knocked out my tooth I was having a root canal done in. So the dentist gave me an establish for free. Probably so I wouldn’t sue, ha ha. anyway, it was really simple. They place this post in the gum and cemented it there. Then placed the tooth and gave it one tap. It was sore for about a week but not agony. The gum took about a year to look exactly normal, but really the establish itself has been fantastic. Never one day of problems with it.

Answer by Jean
Dental implants are brilliant if place in by a excellent dentist surgeon. The interventions don’t hurt and you need four interventions: the implanting, the reopening of the skin over the implants, the impression of the establish and the putting in of the new tooth.
Normally an establish all inclusive is expensive: in my country one establish costs about 3200 USD.

Answer by DR. Implants
Hi
” Dental establish procedure ” is the term used to describe the entire process you go through from the time you walk into the dentist’s clinic for the first time, when getting your dental implants, till the last time you walk out of there with your new gorgeous smile.

The dental establish procedure involves 2 main stages separated by a minimum of 3 months healing time:

• Dental establish surgery – in which the implants are placed into the jaw bone.

• Establish restoration – the process in which a crown is built on top of the dental implants.

Read more about this – http://www.dental-implants-guide.com/dental-establish-procedure.html

The website includes pictures, videos and info regarding dental implants

Excellent luck
excellent luck

Answer by Temperance
I got one done. I had a congenitally missing tooth (there was a baby tooth but no adult tooth to take it’s place). Because there had never been an adult tooth in place I had to have a bone graft done first to thicken the bone in the area so my jaw wouldn’t break when they tried to place the post in. The graft was done in the hospital under general anaesthesia. They took a piece of bone from my chin and emotionally involved it into the area where the post would ultimately go. Six months of healing…

Then I went back, had the screws that were holding the bone in place removed and had the post place in. My surgeon gave me the option of general anaesthesia as well as community (which I took…didn’t really want to be awake for that). It was done in the office and only took like an hour. Six more months of healing and the tooth was place on!

I personally didn’t find the pain that terrible. I only took one dose of tylenol 3 (with codeine) after the bone graft and one or two doses after the post. Excellent luck!

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment