Sunday 3 April 2011

Why am I having such severe pain after an implant?

Why am I having such severe pain after an implant?

I had an implant place in my bottom tooth on Thurs.
Everyday since, the pain has gotten worse. I am taking the Vicodin and Advil, but I still have pain.
I can’t reach the oral surgeon.

Should I be concerned that my mouth is hurting and I get up in the middle of the night to take painkillers?

What else can I do?

Answer by Bitch delight.
Go to the ER?
if your in that much pain, surely they will help you somehow.

Or schedule another appt. with an emergency dentist.
possibly the dentist you had was a dumb ass and didn’t know what he was doing.
or didn’t do it correctly.

Answer by Cindi W
The lower teeth,especially in the front have tiny nerves. It’s possible that the swelling has caused the additional pain in the tooth next to the implant. Usually hurting means that a nerve is involved.
Try swishing your mouth with warm salt water–and hold the water in your mouth for awhile.
Apply moist heat to the sore area.
Take 200-400 of Ibuprophen.

Call your regular dentist if you can’t get hold of your oral sugeon, possibly he knows how to contact him. At least you can run this by an expert.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Go here to see the original:
cost for dental implant

How painful would it be to have them use my own bone?

Answer by Jennifer M
They do use your own bone, or fake bone. Bone from a remains hasn’t been use in the longest time. Whoever told you that was very misinformed.

Answer by LX
.SOME COME FROM THE CADAVER AND SOME FROM ANIMALS. IT HAS BEEN TREATED AND IT IS PERFECTLY SAFE. YOU CAN USE YOUR OWN BONE BUT IT WILL NEED TO EITHER COME FROM YOUR CHIN, HIP OR SCALP. MORE COMPLICTIONS ARE CAUSED AT THE DONOR SITE SO IT IS MUCH SAFER TO GET IT FROM ANOTHER SOURCE.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment