Friday 8 April 2011

Tooth Implants?!?!?

Tooth Implants?!?!?

I lost one of my bottom molars, and I am thinking about getting an implant in it’s house.

Can someone give me some information on
what the process is?
how long is the surgery?
what is the recovery like?
is it as strong as a regular tooth?
is it very painful?
do they knock you out for the procedure?
how much is it?

Answer by just me :)
Implants are fantastic. The cost is fantastic too, about $ 3,500 to 4,200 when it’s all finished. The surgery is really not painful at all, x-rays will be taken so they can see the bone levels to make sure the titanium screw will hold then a temp crown will be placed by your dds and it takes about 4-6 months before you get you final implant. As far as strength, it’s just as excellent as your real tooth. The screw is placed into the bone and the bone forms around the screw, very secure. The surgery is not long at all. The doctor we use at my office can do it in about 40 minutes and a pain reliever like motrin or advil is enough for pain,only moderate pain even less some patients say. You do not need to be knocked out, only novacaine is needed. Just do it, you will be so pleased you did. Excellent luck and let me know how it turns out.

Answer by Kevin H
Go to

http://www.optiopublishing.com/order/?referrer=dentaltown

Click on “view movies”
Under dentistry, scroll down to “gone tooth”.
There are animated videos on different types of implants

Give your answer to this question below!
View post:
contemporary dental implant centre reviews

I am 14 at the moment and in a year or so I am going to need an implant. I am really frightened about it and don’t want it, but my orthodontist said I need it or my teeth will collapse. He said I should get it when i’m either 15 or 16 and I need it since I don’t have a permanent tooth underneath my baby tooth. But here I have a few questions to question:

1) do they give you a needle? is there any other thing you can get instead of that (deathly frightened of needles)
2) how does the procedure go? I only need one tooth to be implanted
3) does it hurt? i’m kind of frightened for this part
4) how long does it take/when will i be back to normal (how is it like after i get the implant?)

if you are a dentist or had an implant can you answer this, thanks!

Answer by ken
Dentistry is pretty much painless. It’s after they do the implant, in the evening that you will be sore. I would question for some Tylenol 3′s and you’ll be excellent to go. Question for them BEFORE he starts working on you. If he says just Tylenol or Advil will be excellent enough, I would walk out and find a Dentist that will follow up with a mild, narcotic pain pill.

Yes, You will get a shot. the excellent news is that they place a dab of lidocaine on your gum before the shot. You are looking at about 5 seconds of pain in the Dentists chair. If it starts hurting during the procedure, question for more Novacaine.

As far as the procedure, They have to expose the bone and drill a hole in it so they can screw the implant into the bone.

It will be pretty sore for about a week, then slightly uncomfortable from time to time for another week. In 2 weeks you’ll be as excellent as new!

I have watched the procedure numerous times. I saw one guy that had no teeth on the bottom and they had his whole bottom gum cut open so they could see the bone. Doing more than one they have to be parallel. He was getting 4 implants on the bottom. He was in no pain during the surgery, at least I take upon yourself. He was talking and laughing. I bet he wouldn’t have been laughing if he could see his whole ridge laid open like I could. Just getting one implant will be a walk in the park.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment