Friday 8 April 2011

What would you do if you couldn't chew your food due to tooth loss if both dentures and implants failed?

What would you do if you couldn't chew your food due to tooth loss if both dentures and implants failed?

In the worst case scenario of both dentures and implants failing and being unable to chew due to tooth loss, what kind of foods could you eat to get enough calories to maintain your weight? Can pretty much any food be grinded down in a blender? Are blenders strong enough to mill down meats, fruits and veggies?

Answer by dale w23
basically all the nutrients you need can be place in a blender, i place ice in so I’m sure meat could added with liquid,the possibilities are endless.

Answer by D N
I would mill it and drink it through a straw. Most blenders will puree food, once it is cooked. Raw food/veggies won’t work well in blenders.

Answer by T C
yep. baby food could be the answer. But, my granddad had no teeth and he ate everything. Meat, he just cut it small like for a child, and chewed just like he had teeth. Said it worked for him. He had fake teeth, but, didn’t like them.

Answer by Buddah
you could change your diet to a liquid or a puree diet. i would reccomend seeing a nutritionist.

Answer by Imaka
You can blend anything to a puree – I made all baby food that way when my kids were small. Custards, puddings, soups, stews, are all very nutritious and simple to eat.

Though, a person who has no teeth or dentures usually adapts by cutting food into less vital pieces, cooking it in anticipation of it is softer and more tender, eating more of the softer foods generally, etc. There are many options and it isn’t trying to get enough nutrition without eating the tougher foods.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Read the rest here:
bone graft dental implant

I have some dental issues right now. I lost a bottom front tooth. I cannot afford to get everything I need done and need a fleeting solution so that the lost front tooth is not so noticeable. Any suggestions small of getting a denture, implant or any other kind of dental thing?
If you do not have a solution delight do not respond. I can due without the wise cracks.

Answer by Ishmael
Nope, sorry. Start saving your money!

Answer by ternx3
Well, the only suggestion I have is an obvious one. Talk to a dentist or somebody that is in the dental field, and start saving money for an implant or something of that sort.

A dentist might be able to offer alternative options that the average person might not reckon of, and they might also have the means to obtain it for you. You doubtless already know this, but I hope I helped some.

Also, when I lost my front tooth, instead of trying to take in it up or make it less noticeable, I made it more noticeable, in a positive way. I’m not saying you’re incorrect, or insecure, but this might help. I had a small fun with the gap. I’d drink through straws with it, whistle with it, fun stuff like that. It makes it less of a terrible thing (to me it did, anyways), and helps.

Excellent luck!

Answer by Chrisi
My husband is in dental school and he said the cheapest route would be to get a retainer with a fake tooth. It will still cost you money, but not near as much as a $ 1200 implant.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment