Thursday 14 April 2011

Q&A: When my daughter is sixteen and needs to have her front tooth taken out. What is her best option?

Q&A: When my daughter is sixteen and needs to have her front tooth taken out. What is her best option?

The dentist tells me that they don’t do implants in anticipation of she is eighteen. Her tooth is still in her mouth but has an abscess. It was knocked out and place back in and then root canal-ed .when she was ten. the dentist says it is being reabsorbed? She isn’t in pain. Can we leave the tooth in her mouth in anticipation of it comes out naturally?

Answer by Moose
No, because when she’s at least 18, the pain will come, and it’ll hurt like a mother#$ !*@&!!!

Answer by blonderosey
Know how she feels,recently had a tooth out due too a really terrible abscess.Glad I had it out too be honest.If I were her I would have it out now before it gets any worse!!

Answer by karate_mamma
Unfortunately it will have to come out, but as a fleeting solution she can get something called a flipper, it is like a retainer from braces but has a fake tooth to replace the one that has to be removed, the excellent thing is it keeps the space open and prevents any drifting from other teeth, and it helps with self esteem, also it is excellent because somtimes one is needed if the implant process takes awhile.

and waiting for it to come out naturally will be making her go through multiple abscesses.

Answer by xaris x
NO you can not leave an abscess in the mouth BUT the extraction of the tooth is not a excellent thought either
but what about apicectomy (surgical cleaning of the root without extracting the tooth)?
an endodontist or oral surgeon knows better what to do

a friend
and dentist

Answer by
The abscess will ruin the bone holding the tooth in and they won’t have any bone to pace the implant when the time comes. Taking the tooth out now and letting the area heal will be best. A flipper is gonna be her best option in the mean time.

Give your answer to this question below!
The rest is here:
3i dental implant

I have to get 5extractions, 10 cavities removed, root canal correction and a tooth implant. If I do not get the dental work done then I doubtless will not see the age of 40. (I am 25years ancient) My parents can afford to pay for it, but I cannot. I cannot afford the New Jersey, officially authorized, minimum, health insurance of $ 244.50. People have told me to go to a university and have a dental student do the operation… I am a victim of the saying, “you get what you pay for.” In otherwords, I want the dental work to be done 100% correctly. I make $ 769.95 everyother week. If I try to work more hours then I can make $ 900 or more. What is the best way to pay the total dental bill?
I have not had my consultation yet, but my rough estimate is approximate. I never thought of asking for a payment plot. Thanks for the advice.
I do not need dentures. I only need one tooth implant. Dentures are a pain to have. Having completly fake teeth is a last resort. In otherwords, I can get the $ 5000 to $ 8000.

Answer by Landon L
howdy, sorry about the conundrum, but here is the situation you are in. laws of average always work here. call 10 dentists and see if they can take some sort of down payment and then regular payments over 12 months or so. that is the only logical answer and the best one

landon

Answer by Tim
Check with the dentist and see if the have financing or a payment plot.

How much to just get dentures?

Answer by mbrcatz17
Well, health insurance doesn’t pay for dental work, either, so that’s not going to help you out at all.

You have a couple options – you can forget the implant, root canal, and cavity replacements, and just have all the conundrum teeth extracted. That’s the cheapest way, and you can do it all for WELL under $ 1,000.

But if you want to keep the teeth, talk to a few local dentists. MOST have an arrangement with a dental financing company, so you can get a NO INTEREST loan, which you have to pay back usually within about 18 months, specifically for your dental work. That’s what I’ve used before.

Answer by ga.peach67
Eek! Don’t get dentures. You are way too young. What the hell happened to your poor mouth that you have all this stuff being done at one time??? Your dentist might allow a payment plot but you would still doubtless have to pay about $ 300.00 a month. Can your folks float you the loan and you pay them back a small at a time? The other option is to get the most serious thing done first, pay for it, then the next thing, and so on. Future advice, find a better paying job that has insurance benefits (simpler said than done, right?).

Answer by camaroredride
Do the dental student way, they do a excellent job and have a professor/dentist there to help.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment