Saturday 2 April 2011

How old do you have to be to get dental implants?

How old do you have to be to get dental implants?

I’m gone two teeth and my dentist keeps saying I have to be a certain age to get dental implants, and whenever I go to see him, I never seem to remember to question. Does anyone know the age requirements?
I’m 14. 15 in July :)
I have two fake teeth connected to my braces right now, and I’m getting my braces off doubtless in the summer, which is what I’m worried about and want my implants as soon as possible :/

Answer by Brittany B
well it depends on your age really, but the exact same thing happened to me, he kept saying i had to be 19. i found out he kept saying this because that’s when I’m off my fathers dental plot and they’d make more money that way !

Answer by Amanda Panda Bear
It depends on your bone structure and enhancement.

For instance if you renovate quicker and have had your permanent teeth for a while and they are stable, then you can get one.

Usually, this translates into the late teens. I have been going to consults for my implant since I was 16, but am just getting to it now. Apparently boys take longer than girls to renovate their jaws, so it would take longer for them.

Excellent luck with your implant!

about the gap: doubtless what will happen is that a fake tooth (called a pontic) will be attached to your retainer when you get your braces off. They will look and sometimes work like real teeth (I can eat with mine on, but not really bite). And you will wear that till you can get implanted. So you should never be toothless, at least :)

What do you reckon? Answer below!
See original here:
bone graft dental implant

Answer by offline256
Dental implants shouldn’t hurt. When you have the implants placed, its a same day procedure. You will be numbed in the area everywhere the implant is to be placed. The bone in the area is removed in an exact style; the implant fits exactly into the space made. After the anesthesia wears off, you shouldn’t feel any pain. Some soreness is to be expected, but that’s about it.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment