Friday 1 April 2011

In the long run, what happens to the gums surrounding veneers and dental implants?

In the long run, what happens to the gums surrounding veneers and dental implants?

I’ve heard that gums do not honest well on and around artificial teeth. With an implant(s) and a crown(s), would the gums be expected to go much more significantly than the gums surrounding natural teeth?

Is the chance for gum recession greater when a person has veneers?

Answer by Larissa D
depends on the materials used. you never want to place a non precious alloy in your mouth. by this i mean you need to question for gold substructure on crowns. as for veneers i would say as long as they are done properly you shouldn’t have a conundrum. if this is a concern, i would stay away from so called no prep veneers, i have read articles that say they can produce tissue recession, usually not that much but because they will be slightly thicker at the gumline, the gums will naturally pull away from that area

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Go here to see the original:
ceraroot zirconia dental implant

I am getting ready to have some teeth extracted due to gum disease and am getting dental implants. On the bottom, these are my three back teeth. Should a partial (to wear for a few months in anticipation of the implants are placed in) be made before or after the teeth are extracted? I do not want to be walking around with teeth gone that can easily be seen. Want to have an opinion from dentist or someone working in the dental field. Thank you!
Question for Amber — how terrible were the extractions? I am having 8 done this Monday and I am petrified!! Any words of comfort would be greatly appreciated. Did you have all implants done?

Also, my dentist has refused to do the impression for the partial in anticipation of 2 wks after the extractions. My periodontist called yesterday and told me to be sure and bring the partial with me Monday. I’m confused!

Answer by Amber H
I had to have my teeth removed and all replaced due to gum disease as well. I had all my lowers removed, the 7 that were left all at one time and all but my four in the front removed from the top. I had my impressions made before the last four were pulled. It helped a lot to have it done that way, especially with the swelling and healing process going by quicker. It was odd only having four teeth but well worth it. I have a smile to be proud of now.

Answer by Dentist H since 2001
it can be made prior to the extractions but you won’t be able to try-in in anticipation of after the extractions.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment