Thursday 7 April 2011

How having baby tooth at the age 17?

How having baby tooth at the age 17?

I recently just got to know that i still have a baby tooth. It seems the permanent tooth have grown above my other teeth, meaning like wisdom tooth. If i need to take the baby tooth off, there would be a gap. Pretty front, like the third from the middle tooth. I will be going college next year. I don’t want a gap, it would be hideous. Neither do i want to wear braces. Is it alright to have an implant or is there any device that can push a tooth to close a gap?

Answer by Cassface
I certainly don’t have a professional background in dental things, but I have to a skin condition in the back of my mouth everywhere I just DON’T have teeth everywhere I should. My dentist is just going to place in implants. I’m sure you would be able to have the same done. Just question your dentist about all the options available to you and have a parent help you choose.

Answer by SweetPie
When I was younger, I had a baby tooth with no permanent tooth underneath it on the bottom front. My dentist finished up pulling it, though, since the space was less vital than that of a permanent tooth, I had five braces crosswise my bottom teeth to make the space larger. At that point I had a retainer with a fake tooth on it because the dentist didn’t want to do an implant or anything before my teeth were done shifting and growing. At 18, he finally place in a resin-bonded bridge, which could be an option for you if your space is large enough, but if not, unfortunately I reckon braces would have be involved. Excellent luck!
PS I only had my braces for 5 months so it wasn’t that terrible … you could possibly get them off before you leave for school!

Answer by lil miss cupcake
the tooth might not need to be removed…

but i reckon that if it does that u should just get braces or you can get invisualin….gettin an implant will cost a lot of money and time…

do ur research and speak with ur dentist to see if u need to even get it removed

Answer by kk
i see this alot and it is very easily flat with all the technology we have:) I would strongly suggest a partial temporarily while you get an implant done . I would say we do implants about twice a day (which is alot) They look so nice but they can be costly so check with your insurance they also take about six months to a year to be completed and that is everywhere the partial comes in and if you live in baltimore send me a message my office can hook you up. GOOD LUCK:)

Answer by beth s
If the permanent tooth HAS come in, just in the incorrect house, liable the dentist will want to take the baby tooth out and go the permanent tooth into posistion with braces.

You could have an implant placed, but that would liable require having both the baby tooth and the permanent tooth removed. Having the tooth pulled into house is quicker and less expensive, and you’ll have your own tooth.

Add your own answer in the comments!
More here:
cost of a dental implant

I have seen the Nesbit but that is to be anchored bwt. two teeth. I would need to just have one tooth for the back (lower molar). Is there anything other than an implant available at all? removeable or not?

Answer by Yield2Greatness
Tic-Tacs but they have to be replaced ofte.

Answer by jem
do you have a conundrum with chewing because of its absence? is the opposing upper tooth still present and in danger of supraeruption? if the answer is “yes” to either question then it may be imperative to have the lost molar replaced. if you don’t have any of the aforementioned problems then i don’t reckon you should bother.

but yes, a suitable removable appliance can be fabricated or designed for that. a flat appliance can also be made even if there is a free end because the free end design can most doubtless tolerate the forces involved it being just a single.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment