Thursday 24 March 2011

wisdom teeth and dental implant question?

wisdom teeth and dental implant question?

I was wondering if wisdom teeth go forwards if you have a tooth pulled next to it? I’m only 22 and I have not have my wisdom teeth pulled yet. I had a root canal done a small over a year ago on my molar in the upper right hand corner of my mouth right next to my wisdom tooth, but my dentist refused to do a crown on the tooth in anticipation of I got my wisdom teeth out. For financial reasons I was unable to get both wisdom teeth extractions and the crown done and now my tooth has broken so much that I cannot get a crown done on it even though I have the money. I still need to get my wisdom teeth pulled ( which is happening this summer) but I’m wondering if the wisdom tooth will go forwards after I get the molar next to it with the root canal pulled since I cannot get a crown on it. I considered getting a dental implant on the tooth with the root canal after it is pulled but since it is in the back of my upper mouth I was told its toughest to get one there because of lacking jaw bone necessary for it to stay. Anyone with dental expertise that can help me?

And all my wisdom teeth are above the surface, not still under the gums and impacted as far as I can tell.

Answer by grandpa walleye
Your wisdom teeth may have lost their eruptive force at your age and may not come in any longer or may just tip over into the 2nd molar area. And you are right that this can be a trying area to house an implant because of the proximity of the sinus. Often some oral surgery is need to allow this, like a sinus lift or bone graft. You can take the tooth out and see what happens to the wisdom tooth while you are healing. Though the odds are not fantastic. Excellent luck.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Excerpt from:
average cost dental implant

No comments:

Post a Comment