Saturday 26 March 2011

Q&A: teeth implants;;i need a sinus lift for a back top tooth that the implant failed and my dentist wants me to go

Q&A: teeth implants;;i need a sinus lift for a back top tooth that the implant failed and my dentist wants me to go

poland to have this done because it is much cheaper than having it done in ireland,my dread is if anything goes incorrect i will have to glide over and back to poland also you hear horror tales about going abroad for cheaper work, has anyone got a sinus lift done in poland or anywhere else ? i want to no if anyone knows everywhere in ireland i could get this done?im also a smoker so im prone to infection in the mouth?

Answer by Keks
Hi Bridget, I reckon you are right to be worried about having your treatment abroad. I would be! I don’t know any everywhere in Ireland but I can recommend a fantastic implantologist in Manchester! The best thing you can do for yourself is stop the ciggies..even if its only while you heal..but I’m sure you already know that! :)

Answer by Ro’
Bridget the implant doubtless failed because you smoke. If you aren’t going to quit smoking a sinus lift and an implant are just painful procedures. I marvel that your dentist even gave you an implant knowing that you were a smoker.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Read more here:
cost of dental implant

Answer by bbpip
Yes you can get an MRI done. We just had this same question in our office by one of our patients. I am not sure about a petscan or catscan sorry.

Answer by drwag1
The titanium in dental implants will show up as a “bright spot’ on a CT scan, and you can get a PET scan, but it could interfere with the interpretation.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment