Wednesday 30 March 2011

Q&A: Pros and cons about getting tooth implants?

Q&A: Pros and cons about getting tooth implants?

I am 16 and have to get a retainer with two fake teeth on it. My ortho. was talking about implants. How ancient do i have to be or is it like a done growing thing. Also i would like some info about it

Answer by esteefyou
I had the exact same condition.
They want you to be grown-up so your jaw is done growing because they have to drill into your bone and they don’t want any more movement to occur.
I had a retainer for about 4 being that had two teeth in it. After that I went to the dental surgeon and he had me watch a video about implants. Basically they drill holes into your jaw bone everywhere the teeth will later screw in. After they drill, it has to heal for a few months. Then you come back and they screw in the fitted teeth. I was terrified but it turned out the spaces in my mouth were too small for implants.

I talked to my dentist and got what is called a Maryland Bridge. Two sized and matched fake teeth are secured in my mouth by being attached to the backs of other teeth. I am very pleased with it though it is no everywhere near as permanent as implants. I spent a very long time being very insecure about my gone teeth so this helped a lot and nearly no one notices.

More info: http://www.mynewsmile.com/Maryland-Bridge.htm

Answer by gnightgracie72
Hi – I was gone my permanent 2-year molars (bottom of the jaw). When I was 16 (15 being ago!) the dental implant technology just wasn’t that fantastic and I got a bridge – which is a fake tooth permanently place in with 2 caps on either side. Last year one of my bridges cracked and I got my first implant (instead of replacing the bridge).

You are ancient enough for an implant as long as your dentist is comfortable with everywhere your permanent teeth are. The implant is place into the jaw bone – I received a sedative and didn’t feel a thing. I was sore for 2 – 3 days and couldn’t eat on that side of my mouth for 3 – 4 weeks (which wasn’t as terrible as it sounds).

I really like my implant – it looks fantastic and it is permanent.

There are some risks, including rejection, though the risks are very low for young people. The largest drawback is the cost. If you have dental insurance, it typically covers up to $ 1,500 or $ 2,000 in a plot year.

You can find more information at webmd.com – I pasted the link in below (just cut/paste into a browser window). The information is from Cleveland Clinic and it is pretty excellent.

Excellent luck!

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Read more here:
contemporary dental implant centre reviews

I wanna know which clinic provides the best dental implant services in Dubai? Any suggestions or links?

Thank :)

Answer by H
The best you can get:
http://americandentalclinic.com/

Answer by fari447
Best service and the best technology for dental implant in Dubai is with Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Center, Building No. 55, Dubai Health Care City, behind Wafi mall; their phone digit is 04-429777. They have very immpressive team of dental doctors and you can rely on them and also to mention they have german doctors team who is doing CEREC technology implants. I personally recommend them as they have done a very excellent job for my self.
Wish you goodluck :)

Answer by Rebecca
Try The Dental Center in Healthcare City, they did a fantastic job with my husband!

Not sure but I reckon the website take up is….www.the-dental-center.com…alternatively you could Google them :)

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment