Friday 18 March 2011

Q&A: Why is my dental implant throbbing?

Q&A: Why is my dental implant throbbing?

The tooth (final step) was put in 14 hours ago.

Answer by Scott
Thanks you just made my tooth start hurting again.

Answer by Winston2
The dentist needs to cut the gum to put the implant in. There is probably some bruising involved also. If it doesn’t stop tomorrow, you should see the dentist. I know that doesn’t help you now. They say cloves (from your kitchen, you know, the spice) helps stop dental pain. Here’s a short article from the National Library of Medicine about cloves;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16530911

Answer by shaemilky
Your tissue is still inflamed from the final step of capping the implant. Rinse with warm saltwater and be careful brushing the area today and tomorrow. It should stop in a few days (2 -3).

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Here is the original post:
best dental implant system

I had dental implant surgery on Wednesday of this week. Teeth 9/10, 9 was missing and 10 was removed. Could you share your pain and discomfort with me. I got very swollent on Wednesday night and Thursday. Now, I have discomfort right under my front tooth. I wore a dental flipper the first night. That’s so uncomfortable too. My lip still feels stiff in this area. Is this normal? My periodontist who did the work only works at my dental office on Wednesday’s. This Wednesday I get the stitches out. I also feel the discomfort whenever I eat and I’ve been eating soft foods that don’t require chewing. I’ve been with no front teeth since last June and I’m worried something didn’t go right with the implants if this discomfort shouldn’t be there. I can’t raise the lip much in this area yet. Wondering if all this is part of the pain and discomfort. If anyone can share their thoughts with dental implants and the paint and stiffness that goes with it, I’d appreciate it alot. THANK YOU.
I did get a bone graft on area 9

Answer by hotrdh1
I think your discomfort is to be expected. The bone graft alone is quite invasive. Remember your implant surgery required drilling a hole in your BONE and placing a screw (bascially) in there. You will be sore and swollen, stiff and sore. Just remember how wonderful the end result will be. I would assume the flipper is not fitting you well due to the swelling from the surgery. Ice packs and Advil are your friend. I recommend you see the doctor who did your surgery asap just to make sure, if you are worried, it is their job to follow up with you and put your mind at ease. The swelling should be going down not getting worse at this point. You could always call your regular dentist and ask them to look if you dont want to wait until wednesday.

Answer by kashmir107
i have had a dental implant on my #8. i also had my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. it was painful. the pain is expected for every surgury. i think the swelling is normal. it will go down as time goes on. make sure you keep the implant very very very clean because if you dont have it clean the implant will not work properly and you will waste all that money you spent on it. the implant heals fully for about 6 months. see the doc if you have any problems.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment