Saturday 19 March 2011

Ever had dental implant surgery?

Ever had dental implant surgery?

I am due to have my front tooth extracted tomorrow, and then the first stage (of 2) of the implant process. The titanium post will be implanted and then I will wear a “flipper/fleeting” for 3 months.
My question- is this usually a painless procedure? I will have local anesthsia (numbing) and I was told I could go back to work after. Is it generally this simple/standard?
Yes, I am a wimp and I am trying to get up my guts for this.

Answer by (NIPS) Mr Pink
Spaceboy, my dad is a retired Dentist. Nothing is painless, but you wont feel it in anticipation of the local wears off. I know my dad did not use *gas* and only used locals. With any dental work like that you will have soreness and some pain, but in this day and age most Drs will prescribe plenty of pain medication that will take that away from you. You will have a few days of discomfort.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Read the original here:
average cost dental implant

If you get a dental implant, would it be possible to get invisalign afterwards also?

Answer by allyson
I have a dental implant in one tooth and it’s like a real tooth so I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to get invisalign afterwards. I would go for it! Excellent luck!

Answer by Raul
yes it would

Answer by Timothy
Dental Implant surgery is very safe currently. My cousin got her dental implants and lasik surgery in India by a company called Forerunners Healthcare. The Price for dental and lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Forerunners Healthcare is very well-known in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient tales.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plot to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com
Hope this helps.

Answer by tomh311
if you were my patient i’d rather send you through orthodontics first and then start with the implant. implants don’t go once they are placed so it would doubtless get in the way. just make sure to tell your dentist all of your plans and goals before treatment of any kind starts and he will know what to do.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment