Friday 18 March 2011

Dental Implant healing process, how does it affect speach?

Dental Implant healing process, how does it affect speach?

Eventually I have to get a tooth replaced, but I’ve been putting it off because I’m afraid that the prosthetic that I will have to wear during the healing process will affect my speach and at work I speak all the time. Soo…I’m wondering…how bad is it???

Answer by Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
THIS WORK ONLY HAS AN EFFECT IF A FRONT UPPER TOOTH IS REPLACED, OTHERWISE THERE IS NO EFFECT ON SPEECH.

Give your answer to this question below!
Follow this link:
cost dental implant surgery

The dentist said it can cause the implant to fail, I usually smoke about half a pack a day, if I cut down will it be ok, I don’t think I can go a whole month without smoking… I have been told by some that it really doesn’t matter if I smoke but some say its not ok…..??

Answer by Megan
You should probably listen to your dentist. He may be stretching it just a little bit, but I would hold off for at least three weeks.

Smoking is not healthy anyways, this will give you a good reason to either cut back, or quit. You will save some money too!

Answer by Cynthia
Hmm….internet geeks V. your dentist….hmm….what a choice. Sure just cut down. It’ll be fine.

Answer by ushaR
you should listen to what your dentist say, coz they dont have fun in telling you irrellevant things… sure for enough , the studies have shown that smoking can lead to failure of the implant … so its your choice , whether you want to spend lump some money again and again or not!!!!

Answer by mentaldental
The reason you’ve been told to stop smoking is because smoking slows your body’s normal healing processes. The metal posts need time to settle within the bone, and quitting smoking for a month will give you the best chance at success! It’d be really disappointing for you if your expensive implant treatment was to fail, so give it your best shot :)

Answer by jennr85
Cutting down is simply not good enough. I know quitting smoking is very difficult, but each time your smoke you’re significantly hurting your chances of the implant being successful. Not only does smoking decrease your ability to heal, but the major problem with smoking after dental work is that the suction in your mouth that occurs when you smoke can cause you to lose the blood clot that’s forming in your gums around the implant. Smoking will significantly reduce your chances of your implant bonding with the bone in your mandible or maxilla which is what makes the implant work. Eventually smoking can cause bone loss which may cause you to lose more teeth as well.

It would be a shame for it to fail… the average implant is between $ 2,000 – $ 6,000.

Your dentist isn’t shitting you. Promise.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment