Sunday 20 March 2011

Q&A: I'm getting a fake implant tooth soon..possibly..scared?

Q&A: I'm getting a fake implant tooth soon..possibly..scared?

I’m fifteen and had braces for about 4 being. Thanks to my mom I was born with out one of my top teeth one over from the front one… I have a retainer with a tooth in it, I’ve had my braces off for nearly 3 being and this summer is suppose to be “THE” summer that I get an implant. I’m not so thrilled. I just chose to read up on it and it says after they place the metal thing in your jaw it has to heal for 3-6 MONTHS. I can tell you right now, IM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE with a metal rod for a tooth. fack that ked. I’ll live with this retainer for life, hell I’ll buy a six new ones. Do they place some kind of fake tooth over the rod, or am I just going to go through hell of pain and them embarrassment of smiling or opening my mouth for six months?
(My retainer hasn’t left my mouth for more then five minutes while brushing my teeth, it’s a huge deal to me.)

Answer by grandpa walleye
You will have a fleeting placed in anticipation of the implant is completed. They may be able to even use your retainer for the temp. And the pain isn’t that terrible, both in placing the implant and post op. It is less than an extraction. I know,because, I have had many patients with implants and I personally had one done on for myself. Talk to the implant dentist to alleviate your concerns. excellent luck with yours.

Answer by Christian
Grandpa walleye delight look at my question about my teeth PLEASE I need a real dentist.

Answer by John Bridger – DDS
I have fantastic news for you! You will never be left with a metal rod showing in your mouth! The dental implant is an artificial "root". It is placed in the jaw bone and then the gum tissue is replaced over it while it is healing. You will wear your unfilled retainer with the tooth in it during that time. When it is time to restore it, an attachment will be placed into the implant and a porcelain crown will be placed over that! Implants are not painful to have placed as well. Usually patients do not require pain medication after the procedure. My only concern is your age, usually implants are not placed in anticipation of the patient is at least 18 being of age to make sure the patient is completely finished growing. Don't worry, the process is not painful and you will like the results! Excellent Luck!

What do you reckon? Answer below!
More:
bone graft dental implant

If i had it done over a week and a half ago and i can feel it in my jaw? like a slight hurting and my adjacent tooth feels tender..

Answer by LX
NOt normal, see the dr

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment