Wednesday 30 March 2011

Q&A: just lost a molar, if i want to get a dental implant, do i have to do it now, or can i wait?

Q&A: just lost a molar, if i want to get a dental implant, do i have to do it now, or can i wait?

Answer by DrMiller
If you are going to get an implant, preparing the site now will be beneficial. Over time the bone will shrink and recontour itself which may the mean additional procedures and additional fees to get the site ready for an implant. I always recommend to my patients they get the implant ASAP to preserve the bone. Even if it means waiting an additional 6 months on getting the crown, sinking the implant now will help you in the long run.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Read this article:
cost dental implant

I have two dental implants on either side of my two front teeth. When I had the implants place into house (after the year of healing from having the metal screw implants surgically inserted into my upper gums) they matched the current color of my teeth. Though, when my then dentist place the porcelain teeth into house the implants were cut shorter than I believe they should have been and you can see the metal part at the gumline very obviously (especially if I smile too largely). Now, after switching to an electric toothbrush, my real teeth around the implants are whiter than the implants themselves. It is very obvious to me when I look in the mirror and the implants are matched to the color of your teeth, but I really improved my dental hygiene and improved the coloration of my natural teeth and now the implants no longer contest. Do you reckon it would be worth the cost of around $ 2,000 to replace the teeth. I know that it is a lot of money, but it bothers me the way they are and I now have the means to have the procedure done. I was told by my dental office that my insurance will doubtless take in half of the bill anyways, but I’m still on the fence about it. Its something I have wanted to do for a while now, but I’m still debating and I need to make a pronouncement soon. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you so much in enhancement!!

Additionally…You can see the tooth on the bottom of the abutment which is sticking out of the gum slightly, so that is why you can see the metal. Will the dentist be able to make new porcelain teeth everywhere the front of the tooth is cut higher and will take in the metal but still fit on the abutment? I’m not sure how they will be able to do that the way it looks. I certainly don’t want to do it if they can’t take in up the metal.
Well, now I had a cleaning and talked to my dentist more about the implants. They are going to look at my abutements next week and choose if those are too long and also need to be replaced in order to make my new teeth look more natural. I’m still thinking about doing it. I look at this as an investment and what better to invest in than your smile??!!

Answer by grandpa walleye
To answer your two questions:
When porcelain crowns are placed, the natural teeth should be whitened if the patient desires them whiter, and then the shade of the crowns matched up to the lighter teeth. You cannot change the shade of porcelain crowns.
On a properly made implant , you should not see any metal at the gum line. If you are going to have them re made, make sure the dentist tells you that this will be corrected. Excellent luck and I do not blame you for wanting things to look better.

Answer by Jeff
go to www.affordabledentalplanonline.com

Answer by Flemming J
Yeah, I feel from what you wrote tat it would be worth to you to pay $ 2000 to get matching teeth.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment