Thursday 31 March 2011

I'm 16 and have to get a dental implant? Help?

I'm 16 and have to get a dental implant? Help?

I’m nervous… I’ve gotten all four of my (impacted) wisdom teeth out, I had a dry socket, and I’ve had jaw work done.

For some reason I’m really nervous about the implant, though… I’m getting it due to injury. It is also my lower left canine. Any words of advice? Can I be place to sleep or do I need to be wide awake?

What about pain? :-/

Answer by eyJude
implants are fantastic… just like your own teeth and you don’t have to fiddle with them. (are you having the post ?)
they will give you something to make you out of it but they will also shoot your mouth with Novocaine first.
so you will feel them working and hear them but nothing beyond that.

no pain.
in anticipation of the novocain wears off and then you will have meds to help if needed.

excellent luck

Answer by Laurel H
Thank your lucky stars that you can have this work done. I had impacted wisdom’s too and have had jaw problems all my life. If you are really nervous about the procedure talk to the dentist doing the work about it.
I’ve not done well going under the general anesthetic, but I suggest it if you feel at ease. Better to not experience what they are going to do wide awake. And pain? Well I can’t predict what the pain will be like, but I can give you some advice. Don’t smoke. I had dry sockets because I smoked right after surgery and I got infected. What they are going to do for you will be affected if you smoke.

Answer by Amanda Panda Bear
Hey I am down a tooth and getting an implant for it also! Mine just never showed up, I had a baby tooth there till I was allmost 18. :)

Let me tell you what all my DDS/DMD’s have told me: getting an implant is one of the easyest dental surgeries that happen :)

Getting an implant is WAAAY less painful than getting impacted teeth out, let me tell you. I had a bone graft couple months ago (for implant) and it was one of the least painful things that has ever happened to me. Breaking my toe hurt waay worse, for real.

It’s such an simple thing you really don’t need to be asleep, you can question for nitrous if you are really nervous, but talk to your DDS/Perio about it and your dental assistant, and she will really help you so much!

Excellent luck getting your awesome new tooth!

Add your own answer in the comments!
See original here:
average cost of a dental implant

I am curious as the cost, effectiveness, etc., etc., of dental implants – what kind of coverage did you get from insurance? Thanks in enhancement.

Answer by Chicken Wings
My mom had it about a year ago. Our insurance covered all of it, thankfully. But i’m not sure about the price and when you come back home it hurts a lot and you feel dreadful. But nowmy mom is OK I estimate. You might want to consider it more, unless it hurts horribly.

Answer by iquestionreality
My father has had dental implants for much of his mouth, and I am considering one for one tooth. I will tell you right off the bat that most insurance companies do NOT take in dental implants (I have a really fantastic met life plot, and it’s not covered). They will take in xrays, and doubtless for the local anethesia. That’s it. The ONE tooth dental implant will cost me $ 1,800. I haven’t had the guts to schedule the appointment yet!

Also, as it is considered surgery, there is some down time. My dad was not allowed to do any strenuous physical activity for a few weeks after the surgery. He had a honestly negative experience. The bottoms, he said were okay, but putting in the top parts were extremely unnerving, because they are essentially drilling a whole in your skull. How encouraging, right? That’s why I haven’t had mine yet. Have you considered a bridge instead?

Answer by princess4fun7_24
I have one fake tooth(it broke in a accident when I was 12) I can tell its not the same as the others but it hasn’t given me any problems. “my parents payed for it so I don’t know what it cost.” Then I have one plate not sure if right spelling. That’s when they place a cap over the fount of your tooth. I can also tell its not the same with my tongue. It cost about one hundred and that was after insurance and I have excellent insurance. If I smiled for you right now you would never know that two of my teeth are fake and have been for being! They look fantastic and I don’t have any complications with them

Answer by grandpa walleye
I have house many implants in my career and even have had one done on for myself. They are incredibly successful and have brought dentistry into a new era. They allow you replace a tooth without having to involve other teeth to connect it to. The allow denture wearers to have much more stability and chewing power with their denture. They are less painful that doing an extraction. The cost is about the same as a replacement with a flat bridge. In my experience about half of the dental insurances offer any coverage. You will not be sorry if you get one. Excellent luck.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment