Saturday 26 March 2011

Extreme nausea, headache after dental implant surgery?

Extreme nausea, headache after dental implant surgery?

I’m taking care of someone who had a dental implant surgery yesterday and has had a few before this.
After the past surgeries, she had effectively no problems and was back to herself within the day. This time, though, she’s not in fantastic shape. She’s been sleeping since yesterday afternoon and starting vomiting last night – we got up appx. 6-7 times. She’s also had a headache since shortly after surgery. She’s worried to eat or take her pills at this point, and I’m trying to keep her hydrated.

Has anyone else had this experience? (I spoke with a friend who is a doctor, but I’d just like other input or to know if this happened to you what was the reason, etc.)

Answer by joyfulgirl1968
Oh, honey, that’s dreadful! I just had dental implant surgery on Thursday and I’ve felt really excellent in anticipation of now (I kind of over did it yesterday, talking and running errands, but I’m not terrible). I suggest you call her dentist immediately. She may need to go to the ER.
Excellent luck!

Answer by Matt Kevin
it sounds terrible, certainly call the dentist

Give your answer to this question below!
Follow this link:
bone graft dental implant

One of my front teeth (top third tooth to the right) is broke at the root and needs to be extracted. My dentist recommended an implant but the cost is $ 5,000! A bridge would be about $ 1,000, but it would require drilling down the two teeth alongside the extracted one. Oh, and the tooth next to the broke tooth already has a root canal, but no crown on it yet.

What should I do? I need to crown the other front tooth anyway, but I am worried of losing all my teeth eventually with all this dental work.

10 points to the best answer and thanks so much to everyone who gives me advice on this. I don’t know what to do because my tooth hurts and I need to do something.

Answer by Talon
Colon cleaning is the new method to reduce weight. Scientists have noted the fact that not all extra weight is due to additional stout, a lot of weight just stays there in the colon, and all you have to do is rinse it out. http://lomard.myhomediet.info has a risk free trial on now, give it a try out, you can reduce up to 20 pounds!

Answer by 6% Best Answers
An implant is the best thought for the surround teeth and for a long term result provided you avoid whatever caused the dental issues in the first house

Answer by TheDentalGiant
A dental implant has it’s own pros and cons.

Cons – price and chance of failure
Pro – it will stop the degeneration of bone due to osteointegration of the titanium to the bone
– can look like the tooth that you lost and your teeth aren’t bridged / stuck to each other

The best treatment would be getting the implant done and having your other tooth crowned.

The simplest and cheaper treatment would be, getting a dental bridge.

If I had a choice and can afford dental implants, I’d get the implant and crown the other tooth.

Answer by jenn5
I’m a dental hygienist and have patients question me the same question. Seems like you already know the pros and cons to both. I would personally go with a dental implant because it would save my two excellent teeth next to it from being shaved down with crowns. But acourse, you say that one of them needs a crown anyways so that one would eventually get shaved down anyways so you would be saving only one tooth. If you have the money go with the implant. If not, go with the bridge. You are on a thin border for both to make a pronouncement. If the one tooth didn’t need a crown I would say go with the implant.

Answer by grandpa walleye
If the tooth next to the broke tooth that will be replaced did not need to be crowned, I would tell you to certainly go with the implant. But because that tooth that has a root canal needs to be crowned anyway, a bridge may be a excellent alternative. It would be less expensive than the implant (I reckon a 3 tooth bridge would be closer to $ 3000 than $ 1000) it will be less than the implant plus a crown which would be $ 6000. Talk it over with your dentist and if need be get a second opinion. Excellent luck with your pronouncement.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment