Friday 25 March 2011

I lost my dental bridge so I've decided to get an implant, will my teeth become crooked?

I lost my dental bridge so I've decided to get an implant, will my teeth become crooked?

Hello, I’ve had a dental bridge for about 5 being. It has fallen out about 4 times and most recently, I somehow lost it. So now it’s given me reason to go ahead with the dental implant, which I was plotting on doing sometime in the future. I was wondering though, they said it would take about a year for the whole process to be completed. The spot with the gone tooth is not very visible so I’m only really worried about my teeth becoming bent because there is a space between them. So do I need another bridge for the time being for the implant or can I just go ahead and get the implant work done?

Thank you
To ILoveMe: I figured that since I need a bone graft (sp?), I will have about half a year of empty space there and they could just use some fleeting glue to keep my bridge on so that my teeth don’t shift.

To AllLove: Does the fleeting tooth thing cost extra or does it come with the service? I just feel like crap when I paid like 800 for a bridge and have to pay another 600

Answer by iloveme1978
as long as you are chewing fine and the aesthetics of gone teeth are not a concern you shouldn’t need a bridge. as far as the teeth becoming bent, once your final crown is placed (close to the year end) it will be made and any gaps will be closed. oh yeah…. you couldn’t have a bridge there anyway how would they house the implant.

Answer by All Like
I have a fleeting flipper (bridge) I am in the process of getting implants but my teeth are gone from the front so I did expericene some shifting but very minimal and if your gone tooth is in the back I wouldn’t even get a tooth there because just one implant I was told wouldn’t look right becaue I am gone a tooth on the bottom also but just one so I am leaving it like that but 3 in the top. Yes the whole process is 9 months to a year and they many give you another fleeting bridge for the time.

Answer by DR. Implants
Hi
A visit to your dentist will get you all the specific answers to your case.
In the mean time look at this website , check out prices, procedures and videos so you know what to expect.

http://www.dental-implants-guide.com/dental-implant-videos.html

Excellent luck

Answer by Lucy
Dental implant surgery is very safe currently. My cousin got her dental implants and Lasik surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for dental and Lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very well-known in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, Lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient tales.
They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plot to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com

Hope this helps.

Answer by Sheeeeeee
If you had a bridge, you have to have one.
A bridge is, 2 abutments ( supporting teeth) at the adjacent of the gone tooth & the pontic? Now the abutment must have been ground to allow the bridge to fit & take support, so two teeth are groung to half size? No if you are going in for an implant, they will screw in a screw into the gone tooth house? what about the ground supporting teeth, are you going to leave it like that or you are going to remove them go in for 3 implants?

What do you reckon? Answer below!
See the original post here:
average cost of dental implant

Did it hurt?
I have to make a pronouncement between a risky root canal repair of an infected tooth, VS having it pulled and getting an implant.

Answer by tomh311
i house implants each day. i can honestly say that if i had a tooth that was gone, this is the only way that i would have it replaced. there is very small discomfort. we’ve gotten to the point that we don’t even prescribe pain pills. advil is all you need. the procedure only takes an hour and you don’t need to be sedated or anything. nearly everyone has said that it’s simpler than getting a filling. the real key is that we use a laser for the incision instead of a blade. from my perspective, it’s better because i don’t have to mill on the adjacent teeth like when i do a bridge. also, the other alternative is to wear a partial denture that you will despise! the only conundrum is that implants are expensive but you truly get what you pay for!

Answer by Skeeter
On May 9, 2005 I had surgery for 6 hours. All my teeth were extracted and 8 implants on top and 6 implants on the lower were placed. I was given fleeting immediate "Teeth in a Day"

On October 20, 2005 I went to my doctor’s and my
makeover is finished. They were so excellent to me and worked very hard to make sure my smile was gorgeous.

Edited: It did not hurt.

Answer by raffgirl2002
never done anything like it …but I would say try and get it flat first….not to mention getting an implant is more expensive…

Add your own answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. It's such an interesting post. I really like it. You shared a really good information i did get lots of good points from here. Thank you and keep sharing.

    Dental Bridge in St George, Utah

    ReplyDelete