Thursday 17 March 2011

I have a missing front right canine tooth and I don't want an implant surgery. Can I get a bridge instead?

I have a missing front right canine tooth and I don't want an implant surgery. Can I get a bridge instead?

What will they do to me and my healthy teeth next to the missing tooth? I only have one missing tooth and I am currently wearing retainers cause I got my braces off like i think almost 3 months ago and the retainer has a fake tooth attached to it so the gap won’t close and such.

But someone please explain to me, how does the bridge go?

Answer by sanr
yea u can replace dont go for porcelin . zirconium crown is d best metal free..and it looks soo good but u have to loose u r adjacent tooth enamel for life long..tat wont be a problem …go for zinconia

@end

usually i do ceramic for my patients most of them complaint about the metal thing inside,,,recently i tyred zinconia…n it was perfect very thin..n the finish was also very gud..it is weight less also..not like ceramic

Answer by End.of.the.World.2012
implant is probably your best choice if you’re only missing one tooth.
with a bridge the dentist would have to prepare the two adjacent teeth to fit it in.
I would go ahead and get the implant if you’re younger.
Canine is a hard tooth to put a crown on no matter if it’s an implant or bridge. Good luck.

@Sanr – zirconia crown still has porcelain on top of it. Zirconia is still technically a metal by itself, look it up on the periodic table. Zirconia oxide however is a compound which resembles more crystalline and therefore called a ceramic.
You’re going to have porcelain no matter what, unless you want to have a tooth that looks extremely odd.

Answer by health buff
Have you had dental x-rays that show the entire palate of your mouth? Those x-rays would reveal whether or not the cuspid is present in the roof of your mouth. Ditto with the lower jaw if you are referring to a lower cuspid.

If the tooth IS present in the palate or jaw it can be moved into the space. This should have been done BEFORE you got into braces because it will take wearing braces again to bring the impacted cuspid into place.

If it is NOT present you most definitely can get a porcelain bridge.

Process:
- After the dentist has recorded the color of your teeth (so that the bridge matches the rest of the teeth in your mouth) the two teeth on either side of the space are filed down to resemble little pegs. Even a little bit of the tooth under the gumline is filed down because the bridge will sit just under your gumline so that you won’t see the edges of it…it will resemble natural teeth.

- After the teeth have been filed, dental impressions are taken (molds of your teeth).

- Those impressions are sent to a dental lab, the lab that will make your bridge.

- As soon as the impressions are taken your dentist will build the filed teeth back up again with a reasonably attractive, temporary resin so that the teeth can function reasonably well and are protected during the next few days while the lab is working on your bridge.

- On the day the bridge is available to be cemented into your mouth the dentist will remove the temporary resin. He (she?) will place dental cement in the crowns of the bridge and seat it over your filed teeth. You will bite down on cotton rolls or something similar until the cement sets (hardens).

- Attached to the two crowns is a false tooth that should sit very, very close to your gum so that it looks like a real tooth. You should not see a big space under it.

- Your dentist should check to see that you can bite down properly, that all of your upper and lower teeth contact exactly like they did before the bridge was placed.

- The dentist or his assistant or his hygienist will teach you how to brush and floss the bridge because it requires new skills and tools. They should demonstrate how to clean the bridge then allow you to demonstrate what you learned. They should provide you with the tools you need to start cleaning the bridge at home. More supplies are available at your drug store.

Failure to floss the bridge properly will result in the decay of the teeth that support the bridge which can be serious enough to cause you to loose the tooth (teeth) that support the bridge and/or cause gum disease and bone loss around the roots of the teeth that support the bridge which would result in the loss of the supporting teeth and the bridge.

Answer by no one
you can actually get a maryland bridge but these a rare. They prep the abutment teeth like onlays.

Give your answer to this question below!
Read the original here:
boston dental implant

and was it REAL expensive?

Answer by sarahschmal
I just had an implant put in 3 weeks ago. It wasn’t the worst thing ever, the dentist shot me up with tons of novicaine. The worst was that my ridge is too narrow so he had to widen it, by like hammering into my mouth. I was sore that night and a little the next day but he prescribed me some motrin so it was fine. Now i have to see him like every week for 15 minutes to make sure it is healing properly. The only thing that bothers me now are the stitches that are still in, and my fake tooth fits differently. It is expensive, insurance really doesn’t cover any of it, I think it’s going to be like $ 4500 total.

Answer by kimmar83
I had an implant done about 10 years ago. It was about 4500.00 total, including the crown. It was a 13 month process as I needed to have bone grafted from my chin and allowed to grow in my gum. It was a long 13 months and the first surgery was very painful for a couple of days afterward. I was very swollen from all the bone work. I must say that while the original tooth is always the best choice, mine turned out great. My teeth all look fantastic. Mine had to be done because of an injury from childhood and had done all the root canals they could on it. I would do it again.

What do you think? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment