Wednesday 23 March 2011

Dental Implant in "cosmetic zone"?

Dental Implant in "cosmetic zone"?

I was recently told that I have tooth resorption in one of my front teeth. This tooth has really bothered me because after the root canal it turned gray and as silly as it sounds its impacted my self-esteem. I didn’t get an immediate crown and now I get the news that the tooth is beyond repair (even with the crown, the resorption would have happened). My once praised smile is now dreadful because of this darn tooth. Can anyone share with me their dental implant tale? I’m a female and really concerned about the entire process – tooth extraction, flipper, final implant, pain etc. I was told that I will need to wear a flipper for about 6 months!! Can people tell that your wearing one.? I feel so embarrassed and upset by this whole thing! Delight help.

Answer by Hiroyuki Suzuki
Howdy Miss Smith!

My best friend went though high school gone many of his teeth due to a genetic condition. The guy had the best sense of humor, but he was always a small sensitive if we cracked jokes about his smile. He was in dire need of implants but first he had to have the teeth that he did have straightened with braces. He was a substantial guy, but his teeth kept him from getting a lot of dates. I was with him throughout the entire process of getting his braces removed, having teeth removed, the installation of the flipper and finally the installation of his implants.

I have to say, the guy looks incredible now with his new teeth, which irritates me because now he’s really really substantial and makes me look like a chump. He’s talked a lot about how much his self-esteem has improved just because of something as superficial as a new set of chompers.

Add your own answer in the comments!
See the original post here:
cheap dental implant

This is for people that know first hand delight :) Thanks!

I know the dental implant is supposed to be the best option of any to fill in for a gone tooth. Though if I do the implant its going to take up to a year as they have to do bone grafting because I don’t have enough bone under my sinus’ (its tooth #3, which is top right molar). Its also more expensive.

Any thoughts on which route I should take? Or your personal experiences? I hear there may be a small gap between your gum and the fake tooth… I wonder if this might produce odor :/

Answer by roboticism
I have a gone tooth and I’ve had a bridge. It was a pain in the ass. I’m now in the process of getting an implant (just had the bone graft done, which wasn’t that terrible, really).
I also have a fleeting denture, which is another option for replacing a tooth.
It all comes down to how much money you have to spend on this, how much time you are willing to commit to the healing process, and what kind of apparatus you are willing to have in your mouth.
Though, my personal experience dictates that nearly anything you choose will be a pain in the butt till it’s all worked out and healed.
You should question your dentist for what they recommend.

Excellent luck with whatever you choose!

Answer by grandpa walleye
First of all if the implant is done correctly, there will be no gap and you will not have any food impacting. Secondly , look at the tooth in front of the space and behind the space. If they have large fillings in them, they would be strengthened and protected if they had crowns on them and thus a bridge may be a better option. Though if they are “virgin teeth” with no fillings and decay on them, it would not be excellent to mill them down for crowns for the bridge to attach to. In this case an implant would be much better even if you need a bone graft. excellent luck to you.

Answer by AngelLoves2Love
It seems to me that the more sensible option would be the latter (bridge). Though, with issues of my own, it is my personal feeling that I would rather have an implant. Of course, this can be much more costly than a bridge…but clearly more permanent in scenery. If you’re willing to wait & go through all that, I say wait the year…if not…opt for the bridge. This is really a very personal pronouncement, but there is no harm in weighing out all your options & hearing the opinions of others. Excellent Luck to you!

Answer by Dr. Albert, DDS, (USA)
NATALIE,
AN IMPLANT IS BEST BECAUSE THE OTHER 2 TEETH THAT WOULD BE USED TO HOLD A BRIDGE WOULDN’T EVER BE HARMED BY DRILLING ON THEM
THERE ARE NEW TECHNIQUES NOW THAT REQUIRE NO BONE GRAFTING AND ALLOW A MUCH FASTER IMPLANT PLACEMENT.
ALSO THE LIFE OF ANY BRIDGE IS AROUND 12-15 YEARS BEFORE REPLACEMENT.
AN IMPLANT IS A PERMANENT, LOW MAINTENANCE OPTION AND A WISE INVESTMENT.

Answer by Bill
In your situation I would go with the implant.
A bridge would affect 3 teeth everywhere an implant only one.
The bone graft is not terrible although expensive. You will doubtless have to have a sinus lift also.
That’s done at the time of grafting.

Since it’s #3 you could just go with a space there while the graft heals and the screw is placed.
Nobody would notice the gone tooth unless you opened your mouth fully.
I had #3 replaced with an implant and it was not noticeable except to me.
If it bothers you you could always get a flipper.

As far as the gap goes if the crown is done properly there should be no gap. Really implants use a special crown and they fit very well. You might be referring to the black shape that some people say they see on their crowns everywhere the crown meets the gum.

Excellent Luck, it will take a while for full restoration but it will be worth it.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment