Monday 21 March 2011

What is a DRS dental implant?

What is a DRS dental implant?

It looks the cheapest , but I can find anything about it on google?

Answer by PenPress
I couldn’t find any information either…

cheapest is not always the best…

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
See original here:
ceraroot zirconia dental implant

Hi, I am in the process of a dental implant on one of my main front two upper teeth, i lost the tooth and root last July 1st after i was assaulted, i had a temporary denture for a short period then the screw was fitted in my gum, 6 months later (two weeks ago) i went back to the dentist where he fit a temporary crown for a few months (something to do with moulding my gum?) however tonight while i sat to eat my tea, i was chewing away unaware that somehow the damn crown had got loose and without realising i swallowed it! So now im left with a like peg in my mouth which is sharp and no crown.

Problem is, I live in Newcastle but my dentist is 2 and a half hours away plus its a saturday night.

What should i do, im setting home tomorrow morning and hopefully seeing dentist morning but i doubt he will be able to fit anything there and then will he?

Im sick of this damn thing! nearly a year and still not sorted plus its costing a damning fortune!
**** in response*****

Rang NHS direct, they told me to get the dentifix stuff that puts something to protect it and the rest of my mouth as its sharp, but i cant afford so im stuck!

Get into dentist on monday, but just hope he can give me crown there and then otherwise ill be missing alot of work with no pay and im already skint and in debt!

Answer by Heather N
I know the process of getting an implant seems like it takes forever, but trust me, you’ll be happy you went through it all. It will look, act, and feel like your natural tooth. It’s a LOT better than getting a bridge or a partial denture. Just becareful with your tooth, and wait until Monday. Sorry, wish there was a quick fix for you, but in this case, patience is your best bet.

Answer by mel s
i had the same situation, if your peg isn’t sensitive and aching like crazy from being exposed to air, then you are o.k. Mine hurts when exposed. If you are comfortable, go to the dentist at your convenience, and a year is a long time to wait, I think I would push a little on this one

Answer by Lantana
It sounds like you’re getting really frustrated, but it will be worth it in the end. Don’t worry about losing the temporary crown, your dentist should be able to replace it easily. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do right now, so just hang in there until you see your dentist. I would recommend that you try not to eat on the side of the mouth where the tooth is and rinse your mouth out with water after eating. You don’t want to get an infection. Also, if you’re having some sensitivity, you should avoid hot or cold liquids/foods, and you certainly don’t want to eat hot foods while drinking cold liquid. Eat and drink everything at room temperature. Good luck to you!

Answer by athenajade
You can place a temporary on it. You can buy this temporary filling, clay stuff around the post so you’ll at least not be jamming the post into your mouth you can buy it at most any store with a dental aisle (probably next to the floss and such) and it will say temporary on it i can’t remember the entire name but it does say temporary on it and it should be only a few bucks. Good luck.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment