Saturday 14 May 2011

Q&A: Does anybody have a flipper as a temporary tooth replacement?

Q&A: Does anybody have a flipper as a temporary tooth replacement?

If so, i need your help.

I havent worn it in about a week =/ and i regret it.. but i cant get it back in! I’m freaking out because i can get into distress because my parents spent so much on it… and the dentist will need to check it. Also, it would make it harder to place the establish in when i’m 17.

PLEASE HELP

Answer by dr.li_chi
Its ok that you made a mistake. Admit it to your parents and the dentist. Nothing to worry about, the dentist will do minor adjustments to the same flipper and make them fit.

Give your answer to this question below!
View first post here:
average cost of dental establish

My #12 is missing and #13 was root canaled with the filling (no crown) about 4 years ago. #11 (a canine) is normal and healthy. I was initially considering an establish to replace #12, but my #13 would still require a crown since the filling is broken. Hence, the dentist thinks that a 3-unit porcelain join (11-12-13) would be a excellent (and much more affordable!) choice in this situation. May maybe anyone comment on this, please? I do not want to trim a healthy canine tooth, but an establish takes forever to complete and I am so frightened of pain and complications since the procedure is very invasive. Plus, a join would be substantially cheaper (~1.5K with my insurance) compared to an establish that is not covered and a crown (~4K whole). Are these extra risks and extra money (that is unfortunately an issue for me) worth reduction a healthy canine tooth? I am torn apart, but I need to make a choice soon. Please help!

Answer by tooth975
Sounds like you already have all the relevant facts to make an informed choice on your dilemma. As I see it, if it all comes down to cost then the 3 unit join is the answer. Yes, a virgin tooth (#11) will need to be violated (not a excellent business) but that must be done in order to have a join placed. The best choice is the most costly – an establish for the missing tooth and a single crown for the root canaled tooth. So if money is not going to be an issue then that is the best solution. This brings it all back to you and you are the only one who knows your financial situation better than any body.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment