Friday 13 May 2011

Severe Pain from "Cold" implant.?

Severe Pain from "Cold" implant.?

I had a dental establish place into my high right jaw about 8 months ago. Everything was fine until winter came on. Then my breathing in the cold air causes the establish to get really cold,very quick and my whole right face hurts horribly for hours. I have very low sinuses, right down to the tops of my teeth, and I reckon the dentist should have told me that this might be a possibility with this. I do not know how I will go on every year when it gets cold if something isn’t done about it. It cost me over $ 3000 for the establish and tooth. What should I do?

Answer by kayneriend
I’m not too familiar with this. Though I sense the dentist didn’t remove tooth nerve completely before which of course would produce such cold & pain in your jaw. Not because of your sinuses. For the price you’ve paid, I would go back see him or and even have a second opinion on this matter. I can know your pain; I had a root canal done 2 yrs ago and my tooth kept hurting me, I went back and he had to start over again, there was a small bit of nerve left in the jaw. Be careful with this you’re not suppose to have such pain, really an establish earnings that he remove the tooth that was there in the first place, therefore no nerve should be remaining??? Go see him again and find out about this conundrum.
Take excellent care.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!
Here is the first post:
cost for dental establish

I went to the dentist days gone by. And haven’t take the best care of my teeth. So now I have to get some pulled(2). And they gave me these choices. And I am not a huge fan of pain!!! I saw kinda of how they do they implants, and I said HELL no that looked so painful. But you never know until its been done. So I just needs someone opinion on what I should do??????? Please!!!!!

Answer by ChEkNa
The best option is implants cuz they last the longest and they look the best; but, it’s the most invasive procedure, it involves drilling into bone and then 3 months of healing and then placing the crown and so on..and of course, it’s the most expensive

The worst option in terms of esthetics and lasting is partials, it’s very hard to get a partial that looks excellent :P but, it’s the simplest option, not much pain..

Bridges is in between the two; with brisges and partials, they need to prepare some of ur teeth so u’d be working on perfectly ok teeth which is unfortunate :S

So i would beyond doubt suggest implants if you have enough money cuz in the long run, even with the wait and the pain, they’re better. But, if you absolutely don’t want to go through that, then i suggest bridges/partials (bridges would probably be better than partials even)

P.S. implants are not necessarily painful, i’ve seen dentists place them in 5 mins ;)

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment