Monday 7 March 2011

Q&A: Can nitrous oxide be used for dental implant placement?

Q&A: Can nitrous oxide be used for dental implant placement?

1 – Is is effectual for this behavior??
2 – What level of anesthesia with the gas vs local anesthesia only will it achieve??
3 – How long must the surgery take before the nitrous oxide effect wears off??

Answer by drew_g_6929
I know it can be used for diving, into deeper fill up than with normal oxeygen

Answer by Maldavi
I’m really not sure if NO2 is used for establish procedures or if they just place you below completely.

I had wisdom teeth surgically cut out once and they gave me a valium and NO2, plus lots of local. With all that, the dentist may maybe’ve come in with holding a hammer drill and reciprocating saw and I wouldn’t have cared at all.

With they shut off the NO2 flow, the effect wears off quickly.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Take up again reading here:
cost of a dental establish

Answer by ?
Doesnt hurt…I had nearly 10 teeth pulled throughout my childhood! The dentist will numb your gums so all you really feel is some difficulty.

Answer by berniesweetooth
A dental extraction SHOULD NOT hurt if you are relaxed and have profound anesthesia. If you are nervous the adrenaline gets going and really fights the anesthesia so its harder for you to get numb.

Implants–well, you will, again, be numb. The screw goes into your bone. There are no nerves in your bone so no, it shouldn’t hurt.

Most patients that have them done, describe them as any other procedure. You’re numb, the procedure is done, you leave and maybe shortly you are a modest bit sore.

Excellent luck on your dental visit.

Answer by Skeeter
See my avatar? That is my new smile, I have dental implants. I was wide awake for a 6 hour surgery. My teeth were pulled, implants placed and my new teeth attached in one day. I had shots to numb me so I felt nothing during the procedure. I had all my teeth pulled and judge it or not dual wisdom teeth pulled that day that were impacted. So yes I hurt pretty excellent with my surgery but the pain meds really helped. Sure I hurt with my teeth were pulled but having a dental establish didn’t make it of poorer quality.I know many whose tooth is already gone and they get dental implants and are never more than just sore. Since it is the removal of the tooths root that causes the pain.

Add your own answer in the observations!

No comments:

Post a Comment