Tuesday 12 April 2011

Dental Implant or Bridge?

Dental Implant or Bridge?

I recently had teeth #9 and #10 extracted due to decay. The dentist fitted me with a treatment partial but I know even after a few days that I will never be able to get use to wearing that thing. He never really told me what the long term solution will be to replace these gone teeth. What is my best solution. My remaining teeth are not in fantastic shape, but I don’t reckon that they are in any danger of having to be removed. I am very worried that I am going to be stuck with these gone teeth for the rest of my life.

Answer by georgiabanksmartin
If you can aford them go with the implant. Bridges have to be replaced over time and they often rub or just don’t work quite right.

Answer by shockshop@sbcglobal.net
If I were you I would get the implants. They are forever!!! If you get a bridge you will have to ruin another tooth to hold up the other side.

Answer by katie d
If the teeth you have remaining are not excellent enough to hold a bridge then that isn’t an option, and if you have too much bone loss because you have not taken proper care of your teeth then implants are not a option either. If I were you I would go to the best periodontist I could find and have him/her examine my mouth for best options.

Answer by Caroline
If you get a bridge, the dentist will have to file down other teeth in order to house the bridge. This will mean that you will need a root canal on those teeth even if they are healthy in case something happens to them so you don't have to get the whole thing removed. Dental implants would be ideal if you can afford them, one will cost you (with the crown) about $ 3,000 and I don't believe that insurance will take in any of this. I had one done about 4 yrs ago and I am very pleased with mine- no problems so far. If you choose to go for the implant, question the dentist about interest free financing, I had one from Care Credit (their phone # 800-333-1071)

Answer by John A
If you can afford the implant go for that but you will get used to the bridge took me about 10 days or so but you got to leave it in as much as possable try to do something that takes your focus so your not thinking about it

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Read the original:
3i dental implant

Can you use them on one or a few teeth or do you need to do your entire mouth?

Answer by Grandma
They are permanently anchored into your jaw and you can do as many as you want or can afford. Everywhere I live they cost about $ 2500.00 each! The crown is about $ 700.00!

Answer by Andy
Implants, as the name implies are surgically implanted directly into the bone and replace the tooth completely. Crowns are glued onto a stub of the original tooth. Crowns can be converted into dislodged and if so, must be replaced. Implants are permanent, and therefore much more expensive. The cost depends on everywhere you live. A crown in Canada can be anywhere from 400.00 to 1,000, depending on the quantity of work the dentist has to perform, and which tooth is being treated. Implants range from 1,000 to 2,000, again depending on the surgery needed (sometimes the bone has to be built up to receive the implant). You do not need to have your entire mouth done. If you have a Dental School in your area, you can sometimes get the work done much cheaper as it is done by students of dental surgery in their last year of school, under the supervision of a Dental Surgeon.

Answer by steeleyjon
In addition to the above, implants are a form of surgery. When ever we have surgery we are at risk of metastatic cancer. One dear friend had all of her teeth replaced with implants. She got metastatic cancer and died with in a year.

That being said, it is not an epidemic. It is only a risk and is somewhat dependent on the digit of teeth done.

I have one implant and am doing just fine, now numerous being later.

This is just one of the risks.

As to price, there is a huge range. My implant cost about half of what it would cost in New York City because it was done in a less vital city numerous hours away from any large metro area. So if you shop around you might find a better deal.

Also, there are a few dietary things you will want to consider when going this route. Calcium intake, protein and vitamin C are all elemental for healing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment