Wednesday 13 April 2011

Can i get dental implants at age 14 without my mothers help?

Can i get dental implants at age 14 without my mothers help?

I need to get two dental impants. I’m fourteen so its okay for my mouth now, the conundrum is my mother. She’s procrastinating and I don’t want to wait any long, its been much to long! Is there a way I can get them without her ? Also, how long is the process ? I need options, thank you :-)

Answer by Mopar Muscle Gal
being a minor and its most liable your Moms insurance / co pays that pay for your Dental?
you cant do anything without her permission

Answer by JW
You are legally a minor. One of your parents has to approve the procedure.
At 14 you are still too young for dental implants. Your bones are still growing. Last thing you want to do is get the implants and have them shit around in your jaws. I would recommend waiting in anticipation of you are about 19 being ancient to make sure everything is successful long term. I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear but its reality.

Answer by WenDDarling
What makes you reckon you need dental implants? also coming from someone who is going through the process right now I have to say it isn’t fun, I have 2, one of them rejected 2 months after the operation so I had to have it removed and then have bone graft place in then wait another 2 months for that to heal and then have the implant surgery done again. The surgery itself is painless for the most part. Soreness lasts from 2-7 days and I must say you have to be meticulous with cleaning to preclude infection.

I don’t know why 1 of the implants rejected but it set me back in the process and a 6 month endeavor turned into a year. Because they have to make the crowns at the same time I have to wait for both to be finished. (If all goes according to plot I will be done March 2011.)

Also something you don’t reckon about is you need to wear a flipper or alternative removable mouth piece. most are uncomfortable and honestly a pain in the @ss to eat with. I highly recommend these as an alternative to the extra uncomfortable flipper) http://www.dental–health.com/treatment_flipper_alternative.html

Either way it is a VERY expensive procedure and insurance wont even take in 20%…. so there is doubtless excellent reason your mom hasn’t taken you to get it done. Your still young so I wouldn’t worry. If you have any other questions about the subject message me anytime. :)

Give your answer to this question below!
See the rest here:
affordable dental implant

I was just wondering what kind of dental procedures you can get done while in the navy? Can you get dental implants? Corrective jaw surgery? What exactly can you get done? I know you can’t have braces on at boot camp can you get braces after boot camp?

Answer by Horatio
I found the following information in the Dentist Schooling Manual for Navy dentists. You can view it at the source link I posted below.

ROUTINE DENTAL CARE.—This treatment includes all the medical, surgical, and restorative treatment of oral disease, injuries, and deficiencies that come within the field of dentistry as commonly practiced by the dental profession. This service is preventive and corrective and includes:
- Dental examinations and advice on dental health.
- Restoration of lost tooth structure.
- Treatment of periodontal situation.
- Surgical procedures.
- Replacement of gone teeth elemental to personal appearance, the routine of military duty, or the proper mastication of food.

EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE.—This is treatment necessary to relieve pain, control bleeding, and manage acute septic situation or injuries to the oral-facial structures. Emergency dental care is authorized worldwide for personnel of all categories.

ELECTIVE DENTAL CARE.—This type of care a dentist may authorize but may also defer. Each case should be evaluated individually based on Navy policy. Examples of elective dental are malocclusion, orthodontics, replacing amalgam fillings with gold crowns, etc.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment