Sunday 3 April 2011

When is the best time to get a dental implant after I have an impacted tooth removed?

When is the best time to get a dental implant after I have an impacted tooth removed?

I am 17 being ancient and have an impacted tooth (3rd tooth from the back on top on my right side) that I am getting removed along with my 4 wisdom teeth on Feb. 27th. I am going to get an implant in house of the removed tooth and was wondering when the best time for me to do this would be. Is there anything the surgeon should do right when he removes the tooth? or should I wait in anticipation of it completely heals before getting an implant? How long could I wait to get the implant? being? I have a retainer to hold the space open right now and don’t mind wearing it since I only wear it at night. Any info is appreciated!

Answer by LX
YOu have to wait for bone to heal there it takes 6 months, question your dr

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Read the original here:
cost dental implant

tooth digit 15 is the last molar on top, i had a root canal, crown lenghtening procedure, and a crown to save the tooth, and it still hurts when i chew. the endodontist said it might be broke, but he has to pull the gum back first in order to tell. if it’s broke then i need to have the tooth pulled and he desires me to get a implant. the implant is gonna gonna end up costing like $ 5000, and i already invested about $ 2500 into this one tooth.

If i just get it pulled, and leave an empty spot there are my teeth going to shift or anything? it’s the last tooth in my mouth so it doe not seem like it’s really that vital. can someone with knowledge in the dental field delight give me their opinion.

Answer by Laura,RDH
Hi, Im a dental hygienist and i’ve been in the field for 10 being. Do you have the molar under it (on the lower arch?) If so, I would house the implant. I say this because your teeth are kind of like a puzzle in the mouth and the biting surfaces occlude together and are in sync. if you remove #15 and #18 has nothing to chew with then that tooth will eventually be converted into problematic with your gums. Your jaw will also be off balance. Because those molars are the biting forces of the mouth you may place more pressure on the contrary jaw joint and you could have TMJ pain later in life. Its entirely up to you but if it were my mother I would definately get it done.

Answer by JW
Depending on your bite they might shift and they might not. Try to see if #14 is in contact with #18 when you close completely. If they contact then the lower tooth should be stable and you should not have any problems. If it doesn’t your lower tooth might over erupt which is only a conundrum if you want to get an implant in space of #15 later on down the road. If you wear a upper retainer on a daily basis everything should stay in house.
If you choose on an implant and want to learn more about them check out this site:

http://www.dentalimplant411.com

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment