Wednesday 13 April 2011

What will happen if I don't get an implant?

What will happen if I don't get an implant?

I got a tooth pulled (the second from the back on my right side) and bone graft place in, leaving an empty space in my mouth. I now have the option of getting an implant to fill in the space.

The space doesn’t show when I smile or anything, and the implant’s going to cost lots of money. I can still chew and everything, but will the teeth shift or anything if I choose not to fill it in?

I also have the option of getting a bridge. Not sure what that is. Delight advise, thanks!
How much, approximately, will an implant cost? I don’t have dental insurance.

Answer by Regina
Yes, your other teeth will start shifting. This will eventually produce your ‘bite’ to be off, which eventually can wear away the biting surfaces of many of your teeth. This happens over being of time. The implant will cost a lot of money. A bridge would be much less expensive, but you would have to make sure you have regular checkups afterwards, when you have your teeth cleaned, as bridges can produce cavities around the edges. If this were me I would opt for a removable bridge, rather than a flat one, as the flat ones are way too expensive.

Answer by Cyn
I definately would not go with the bridge. The bridge are sort of out dated now only because with the bridge they need to file down to corresponding teeth. The only conundrum you’ll have later on is that you may have a diastema, which is the teeth shifting inwards towards that empty area. Also, you may run into serious bone loss if you don’t replace that tooth with anything. The implants are really new and innovative. They are definately a excellent option if either A) your insurance pays a excellent quantity or B) you have the money to pay for it. I would definately tell you to get the implant because the life span for them is more than dentures themselves (just about 10-15years) Hope this helps!

Answer by Ro’
Roughly, an implant costs 1,000 to 1,500 dollars and a crown on top of it is again 1,000 to 1,500.

If I were you, I will take the following factors into consideration:
(1) unless your FICO score is below 650, you doubtless can apply and get a credit line for doing the work, such as Care Credit or Capital One;
(2) the grand total you will have to fork out can also be taken out of your credit cards if don’t want to apply for a credit line for medical expenses or if they turn you down;
(3) in any case, you don’t need to fork out all the money together, but it’s spaced out in time because after you do the implant you need to wait 4-6 months;
(4) if you still don’t have the other 1,500 dollars for the final crown after 6 months, you can wait longer WITHOUT losing bone, endangering your bite or compromising your health.

Add your own answer in the comments!
View post:
bicon dental implant

No comments:

Post a Comment