Sunday 3 April 2011

Q&A: How long can you have your tooth missing before you get your implants?

Q&A: How long can you have your tooth missing before you get your implants?

I’ve had my tooth extracted in dignified of 2006 and I am still trying to scavenge for money before I get my implants. I know that the roots start to shift if there’s a gone tooth. How much longer can I wait before that starts to happen? Thanks!

Answer by MimC
Of course everyone if different, but I have heard of people getting implants being after having a tooth removed.

Answer by Rain
Well, it starts soon after, but it’s a slow process. Also, you may get what’s called a ‘knife’s edge’ as far as the bone goes everywhere there hasn’t been anything there and the bone starts wearing away even though the gum is still covering it.
I would possibly look into a dental school and see if they can take you in and replace it at a much lower cost than going to another dentist or orthodontist. If you can, look into this option! Hope this helps

Answer by Pico
I had 3 of my ’1st molars’ pulled (two from the top, one from the bottom) in February 2004. Two of the spaces are exactly the same size and there has been no shifting that I can see. The other space (one of the ones on top) has shrunk by about 1/3. I noticed the shifting within the last year. I used to be able to easily slide my finger in the space and I can’t do that anymore. I wouldn’t worry too much about shifting since it’s only been about 5 months for you. I was recently at the dentist and he was recommending dental implants for me and he said nothing about shifting or that there was any serious conundrum yet.

Answer by cookie
I work in a dental office and we have done implants for patients that have had the tooth gone for 40 to 50 being. It takes time for the teeth to go. I’m not signifying that you wait fifty being but I don’t reckon you need to be worrying about right now. I’m glad you are getting implants. They are awesome.

Answer by Dr. Albert, DDS
KEEP SAVING FOR THE IMPLANTS TEETH ARE SLOW MOVERS ANDYOUHAVE PLENTY OFTIME.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Go here to read the rest:
cost dental implant

I now have a 3-part bridge in the back lower part of my mouth, and it needs to come off with a new one to replace it. I was thinking about getting an implant and crowns for the remaining two teeth, so I don’t have to go through this again. My DDS never told me about losing jaw bone once the ancient tooth was extracted. It is obvious there is bone loss by looking at it (it has been 5 being since the extraction).

Has anyone had a successful implant place it quite a few being after the extraction without having to have a bone graph done? I’m going for a consultation next week but want to know if there is any hope in hearing someone else’s success tale.
Blondeambition, it’s not the procedure that I’m worried about, it’s the additional charges for having to do the procedure. I have place so much money into this bridge already along with root canals and grinding down a excellent tooth. My dentist never offered an implant and I did not know I had other options. I have to have this one removed due to decay under #30, but the other two areas are clean. I reckon my dentist steered me the incorrect way and I’m still paying for it 5 being later.

Answer by grandpa walleye
What the dentist will determine is if you have enough depth of bone left that would allow a long enough implant to be placed so that you will have a solid structure to house a crown upon. You obviously cannot have an implant come through the lower of your jaw bone,but it can’t go into a canal (called the mandibular canal) that runs through the lower jaw and carries blood vessels and a major nerve. Though just because its been numerous being since the extraction, the majority of people have sufficient bone left to house an implant. Excellent luck

Answer by blondambition
To add to Grandpa’s answer, you can also have powdered bone place in to replace what you might have lost. We commonly add bone around implants we house that have gone in areas everywhere a tooth has been gone awhile. Don’t worry about a bone graft, it’s quite a simple procedure. Better luck on the lower jaw in avoiding a graft though, more common in the upper jaw. Five being is really not that long, we have done implants on teeth gone for 30 being plus! The ones I routinely see that have gone with an implant instead of a bridge did fantastic and were extremely pleased with the result. Just be sure to follow it up with regular cleanings to maintain and check the implant site.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment