Friday 15 April 2011

i just got one of my molar tooths removed, now there is a big empty space where there was once a tooth?

i just got one of my molar tooths removed, now there is a big empty space where there was once a tooth?

can i get a fake tooth surgically implanted in there? i despise feeling an empty socket in my mouth. :(

Answer by Nathan B
once there was a tooth, now it has been taken, so of course its a space.

Answer by misty_dawn1100
I’ve had 2 molars removed and after awhile the other teeth will go closer together. They did with me anyway.

Answer by ♥Homeschooler™
Yes you can!! I for myself may have to do this very thing, I know how you feel, its embarassing, but you can go to an oral surgeon and see what he/she can do for you.

Answer by caly925
if your dentist says implants are right get one if not you will adjust in time

Answer by LSU_Tiger23
The hole will eventually close up, don’t worry about it. Just make sure you keep it clean because if food gets in there, then it can produce an infection.

Add your own answer in the comments!
See the rest here:
cost of dental implant

I have to get a dental implant and I was wondering if the screw they place in my jaw is guna be metal and do I have to say anything at airports?

Answer by Patricia R
I have 4 implants. They’re tiny screws, made of titanium, which is extremely strong and extremely lightweight. Not that it matters. They’re so tiny (only about a millimetre crosswise, and about 1/4 inch long. They won’t set off an airport metal detector any more than a metal crown or filling (which control a lot more metal than an implant) will—which is not at all.

Question your dentist to show you the implant before it’s installed. It’s amazingly tiny, and it will fully integrate with your jawbone. As for the installation procedure, it took 45 minutes to get me properly frozen (because I’m hard to freeze), and about 30 seconds to drill the hole and another 30 seconds to screw in the implant and ratchet it tight. The only pain I felt was from the freezing needle.

When I got my first implant (about 15 being ago), it was a groundbreaking new procedure. Now, it’s been refined, and is much quicker and simpler. The dentist no longer has to use a scalpel to cut open the gum. Now, there’s an automated drill which cuts a tiny plug out of the gum, before drilling a progressively larger hole in the bone. It’s much neater, and does a much less vital incision than could be done with a scalpel.

After installing the implant, the dentist will bed in a tiny metal cap to protect the top of the implant, during the month or two while the bone grows around it. Once it’s solidly integrated with your jawbone, you can be fitted for a crown to go on top of the implant.

The crown is made with a tiny tube that matches the implant, inside it. To bed in it, the dentist puts the crown in house, then uses a tiny screw to attach it to the implant. He uses a ratchet to tighten it, and puts a tiny bit of white filling material into the plug hole of the crown, to make an even bite surface.

If you have any concerns, discuss them with your dentist before he starts the installation of the implant. But really, it’s a very quick procedure, and implants will last far longer than bridgework. So they’re well worth the extra cost and time.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment