Tuesday 12 April 2011

how do i care for my mouth after an infected tooth was pulled and a bone graph put in it's place?

how do i care for my mouth after an infected tooth was pulled and a bone graph put in it's place?

i just got an abscessed tooth removed and a bone graph placed in my jaw so dental implant can be place in eventually.
i was in a daze at the office and i accidently forgot the paper on how to take care of my mouth for the next few days. am i allowed to eat and drink tonight? what are the things i need to know?

Answer by Deece 1
Don’t eat or drink in anticipation of you talk to your dentist unless you have to take meds. lol

Answer by garfieldbla
I would just eat soup or soft stuff and make sure I kept my mouth realy clean with mouthwash.

Answer by Hannah W
omg did it hurt? i have an abssest tooth to it sucks i despise it produce my mom and dad never take care of me i despise them so much

Answer by Chaquita
I would call the dentist and clarify your situation and have them reexplain. I imagine you can eat within a couple of hours after your procedure. Eat soft things like soup, yogurt, jello.

Answer by joan
I had a tooth pulled and bone graft about 6 months ago and just the other day had the screw place in for a future implant. I was given antibiotics, and a prescription mouth wash, don’t use something strong like listerine, there is alcohol in it. If you did not get a prescription mouth wash, then gargle with warm salt water, gargle gently. I was told to not eat on that side and to eat soft stuff, also not to brush my teeth at that spot. Also I was told not to brush or gargle in anticipation of the next day 24 hours after the procedure, I could eat sooner but only soft stuff. I would call the dentist now but if it is too late certainly tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Read the original here:
cost of a dental implant

No comments:

Post a Comment