Sunday 10 April 2011

Are there any health risks from a synthetic bone graft after tooth extraction?

Are there any health risks from a synthetic bone graft after tooth extraction?

I just had a tooth extracted and did a bone graft immediately following to prepare for a future implant. She told me she used synthetic materials for the bone graft which has me a small concerned. What is a synthetic bone graft made of? Is it silicone and if so isn’t that harmful to the body?

Answer by caylowug
I’m not sure, but i just had a bone graft due to bone erosion under a tooth that I had a root canal on and the dentist said it was cow bone. She said your body can reject it.

Add your own answer in the comments!
More:
ceraroot zirconia dental implant

My dentist has given me 2 choices, a bridge or an implant. He has given me no preference. He said that there is not a terrible choice. I need advise on which to do , or if any other options exist. This is the first tooth and hopefully the last tooth I will lose at 38 being of life…Delight help.

Answer by JOHN B
Implant will last longer, everywhere a bridge can fall out since it is cemented in. Only issue is that usually implants cost more money

Answer by Jino D
Do the implant. The bridge can house an extraordinary quantity of stress on the gum line. Be aware the implant can take about 18 months from start to end. And go to a large well renowned hospital and make an appointment with the endotonistry department-they’ve gone to school for 4 more being to do implants, root canals, crowns, and veneers. I’ve had some work done and would only go to the Dr. if I needed any of this work done. Also, they know the nerves in your month like no other-I’ve never felt a Novocaine shot from either of my orthodontists.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment